This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Push or 4 bet?

• Buletts
      Buletts
      Bronze
      Hey, I just finished playin the Beckers Battleship UK freeroll on Stars an finished 20th out of 455 using the strategy to the tee, but i just want to hear what other people would of done here i had 22050 the blinds were 1000/2000 30 players left top nine get seats to the final and thats it.

UTG1 with AQ so i push and walk into bullets, im not havin a go at the strategy because i think its pretty good i just know previously i wouldnt of pushed my AQ from UTG when i had 22050 with loadsa shorties on my table. I suppose it just seemed like rather a lot to push with when there are about 5 short stack players on my table.

I am probably wrong an just walked into a bad hand, I probably couldnt of got away from it anyway, but just want to know what other people would of done.
  • 3 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi Buletts,

I would play the AQ hand according to how the table is playing. MTT's are all about adapting and I repeat "A MTT SHC is pretty much useless".

What SHC were you using? As far as i'm aware PokerStrategy doesn't have a MTT SHC.

And what does the title mean? push or 4-bet? How can you 4-bet here?

Regards,
      Stiev
    • Buletts
      Buletts
      Bronze
      Hi Stiev,

I used the charts based on the ICM Model are they not for MTTs?

Im more of a cash game player but i do really enjoy MTTs and would like to get better at them. Are there any videos on MTTs?

I can usually make the later stages of the tourney but have never made a final table.

Thanks again.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

ICM does work for MTT's, but you have to change the ranges, because the payout structures are way different to 1 table SnG's, and you are almost always playing against a full table.

There are MTT video's on PokerStrategy, although you have to be a minimum of silver to start viewing them.

regards,
      Stiev