Push or 4 bet?

• Buletts
      Buletts
      Bronze
      Hey, I just finished playin the Beckers Battleship UK freeroll on Stars an finished 20th out of 455 using the strategy to the tee, but i just want to hear what other people would of done here i had 22050 the blinds were 1000/2000 30 players left top nine get seats to the final and thats it.

UTG1 with AQ so i push and walk into bullets, im not havin a go at the strategy because i think its pretty good i just know previously i wouldnt of pushed my AQ from UTG when i had 22050 with loadsa shorties on my table. I suppose it just seemed like rather a lot to push with when there are about 5 short stack players on my table.

I am probably wrong an just walked into a bad hand, I probably couldnt of got away from it anyway, but just want to know what other people would of done.
  • 3 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi Buletts,

I would play the AQ hand according to how the table is playing. MTT's are all about adapting and I repeat "A MTT SHC is pretty much useless".

What SHC were you using? As far as i'm aware PokerStrategy doesn't have a MTT SHC.

And what does the title mean? push or 4-bet? How can you 4-bet here?

Regards,
      Stiev
    • Buletts
      Buletts
      Bronze
      Hi Stiev,

I used the charts based on the ICM Model are they not for MTTs?

Im more of a cash game player but i do really enjoy MTTs and would like to get better at them. Are there any videos on MTTs?

I can usually make the later stages of the tourney but have never made a final table.

Thanks again.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi,

ICM does work for MTT's, but you have to change the ranges, because the payout structures are way different to 1 table SnG's, and you are almost always playing against a full table.

There are MTT video's on PokerStrategy, although you have to be a minimum of silver to start viewing them.

regards,
      Stiev