[NL2-NL10] nl10 sh, QJs

• uuberpro
      Known players:    

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:heart: , Q:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.80) 7:spade: , Q:club: , T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.50, BB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($6.80) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($6.80) 3:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BB calls $2.00.

Final Pot: $10.80

I get top pair in a reraised pot, so I'm not very sure it's good.
      To find it out, i decide to check-raise on the flop, and I get called.
      The turn gets checked through, so I place a relatively small bet on the river, because I don't want to check-call a larger bet.
      Q: What do you think about this line of play?
  • 2 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      This is one of them hands where each opponent knows the other has a hand of sorts but neither of you is 100% sure where you stand and there is only 1 or 2 hands you think the opponent might be holding, but he may just not have enough to beat you though and still think it's good.

Both of you want the pot to a certain level but not far beyond because it's over play for your hand, so you put a little in the pot each and see the SD.

Either that or the guy was a complete calling station.

I think hand played quite well myself, but then, that's just my opinion :)

Before anyone moans....

Hands like Q,T - K,T - A,Q - J,Q - Q,K, Q,9.... These could all be possible + more depending on opponent.
    • maya1984
      Ever seen him min 3bet? If not with out any stats/reads I rather just fold since QJ can be easily be dominated and you will have to play a 3bet pot OOP.

As played:

-I don't like C/R there since you can dominated by a better Q and by C/R you risking too much money to find out if you are good.

-I rather B/F flop & turn, Betting the turn will usually gives you a free SD but if he bets I C/F or C/C the river considering the odds that I'm getting.