[NL2-NL10] AKo - my first hand evaluation

• cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      I have been a member here and a profitable player for about three quarters of a year, but I just today have become truly serious about improving my game. I have been earning a good wage at .1/.25, but have had trouble when moving up to .25/.5 even though my bankroll is certainly large enough. As such, I lowered my number of tables to ~13 and am using stats for the first time in my poker career (I made a hud layout with 13 useful stats).

In this hand in question, I had tracked only 21 hands with villain, but the stats were significant enough for me to take notice. Notably:

VPIP:90
      PFR:~10
      Donkbet Flop:20%
      Fold to Cbet Flop:- (never confronted with a cbet by preflop aggressor)
      Flop Aggression Frequency: 35% (not on my hud, looked up later in detailed stats.)
      WTSD:33%

Given the huge VPIP, he must have been calling with just about anything preflop, so I knew that my hand was far ahead of his range. Regardless, the 20% donkbet stat suggested to me that he was not making that OOP bet often, so I concluded that there was a good chance that his hand was Ax.

Was the fold correct here, or should I have continued with the hand? Note that I had already doubled up and was similarly stacked with him. He also overbet the pot, so continuing would almost necessitate putting all of my money in on later streets. (his AF increases with each street)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($56.25)
      BB ($32.40)
      UTG ($78.65)
      UTG+1 ($9.25)
      Hero ($21.65)
      BTN ($51.10)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, fold, BB calls $1.50,

FLOP ($4.25) 6:heart: A:spade: 2:diamond:

BB bets $5, Hero folds,

BB wins $4.05

P.S.: Does anyone know of an easy way to get player stats such as VPIP into the exported hand histories using HEM? I know that elephant has such a feature, judging from other posts in this board.
  • 4 replies
    • Aimboy
      Aimboy
      Bronze
      I would fold here anyway, Ax is a hand which many fishes can't drop preflop, so it is very likely that he was in front here.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      nh, good fold
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Standard fold, and as you said, not enough stats to play differently. He probably hit his A.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey cyzo,

good to hear you decided to improve your game and to post here on the forum, I hope you will find it very beneficial. Welcome to the forum.

After only 21 hands, it's really hard to say much about villain except that he's a fish, so on the flop you can't make any sophisticated decisions with so few hands and thus just stick to basic strategy and fold. Axs are for sure immense part of his range and with double stack I wouldn't like to find out whether he's bluffing or not. Nice hand.

Regards,
      burek2000