$1.00
      UTG2:
      $5.06
      MP1:
      $6.22

Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF/Hands)
      BB - 91/45/1.7/23

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4, A.
      UTG1 posts deadblind, UTG1 checks, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0.2, BB calls $0.16, UTG1 folds.

Flop: ($0.44) 7, 8, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.33, BB raises to $0.66, Hero raises to $1.9, BB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.43.

Hi,
      I usually play NL10, but had some bankroll problems on Titan, so had to play NL4 for a while
      Is A4 a good enough hand to steal? Is it profitable to steal on NL4 at all?
      BB plays every hand, but often gives up on the flop, can we try to steal from such opponent?
      On the flop, his minraise looked very much like a bluff, so I decided to 3bet/fold, trying to represent a flush - is this a good line?

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Preflop:
      As you said BB keeps calling a lot and then fit/folding on flop very often then your play is kinda fine but I don't mind just folding it directly because such hands are kinda hard to play but the play is definitely fine. Also it ain't that profitable to play such hands on NL4, you are very often getting Called and will be in marginal situation postflop.
      Flop: As you said, he is folding a lot on flop so playing fit/fold, why do you now put him on bluff then? You are likely just isolating yourself, I don't like your raise at all. According to your read that he is playing fit/fold play I would likely just fold on such board to his minraise.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • Yuris125
      Yuris125
      Bronze
      Well, my thoughts were: he plays 100% of hands, so he has to bluff regularly. This board is a scary one, so a good one to bluff. But it's a goof one to bluff for me, too - he won't call my raise unless he has a flush. So I thought I have a good chance to take down the pot by this raise. Maybe it was too aggressive (=crazy :) )
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Hello!

You're going against your own read on this one. Against such a loose opponent, he might call with any :spade: so I think it's advisable to fold the flop and wait for a better chance to stack him.