arjun2001's sports betting blog

• arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Statistics (Updated after every result)

Starting Bankroll: $136.40......................................................Goal: $500
      Current Bankroll: $134.33
      In play: $5 (included in bankroll)
      Wins: 5
      Losses: 4

Okay, with so many poker blogs, I thought you guys might want to give sports betting blog a shot.

Mods: If this isn't the right place, I'll be happy to post in appropriate section.

Okay, so I am a donkey ass poker player who lost the original pokerstrategy money on a $50 MTT more than a year ago my bankroll management is a "bit" more lenient :D .

Then recently, I found out that some friends I referred actually made some points (something which I could never do). So I was like "What the heck, let's give myself another shot through sports betting".

So this blog is going to be about my sports betting. You can follow my picks if you want... they aren't special but not too bad

So i'll post my picks here and see how my bankroll goes. this is like a motivation thread so that I am forced to follow bankroll management, and make money and bet!

Comments on my picks are appreciated. I am always willing to learn and gain new perspectives (if you think this is too cheesy to be true, it is :P )

but seriously if you got anything to say about the picks, or betting against my picks, just explain and I am willing to listen.
  • 6 replies
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      Starting bankroll: $136.40 (got $100 from TAF and won like $36.40 from roulette+ poker + Lakers game today)

Site: Partybets

Bet#1: $2 on Cleveland Cavaliers at 2:1 (NBA playoffs vs. Orlando Magics)

Reason: I'll take a bet on Cavs anytime I can get 1.9+ odds. It is just a rule of thumb. And I don't see Cavs losing series on 6th game.

Result: Lost (Cavaliers could not get hold of the game at any point, easy loss).
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      (MLB) Bet #2: $2 on Blue Jays to win at 1.87:1 vs. Boston Red Sox)

Reason: I think Blue Jays are recovering from their loss streak. Tallet is a pretty good pitcher, and I am a Blue Jay fan.

Result: Win (Blue jays win by 2 runs)

(MLB) Bet#3: $2 on first inning tie at 1.65:1 (jays vs. red sox)

Reason: I have tracked Blue Jays game and they usually score in the 2nd inning. Very few first inning runs. Most of them have been ties. And today I am willing to make a $2 play on it again.

Result: Win (Jays and Boston scored 1 and 1)
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      (MLB) Bet#4: $2 on New York Yankees and Chicago Cubs combined at 2.67:1 (both teams must win) vs. Cleveland Indians, and LA Dogers)

Reason: Both Yankees and Cubs are huge favourites in the games today. Combining them gives me much better odds, so rather than betting individually I'll make a $2 play on both combined.

Result: Win (both teams won)
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      (MLB) Bet#5: $2 on Toronto Blue Jays @ 1.95:1 odds vs. Boston Red Sox

Reason: After that long losing streak, Blue Jays have shown a lot of improvement, and after winning the last two games comfortably, their confidence is defnitely building up. Looking for a sweep tonight

Result: lost

(MLB) Bet #6: $2 on first inning tie @1.65:1 odds jays vs. red sox

Reason: Like I mentioned before, Jays are scoring mostly in 2nd inning, and atleast 70% of games have been first inning ties. So 1.65:1 in the long run will give me profit of a few units.

Result: Win

(MLB) Bet #7: $2 on New York Yankees and Chicago Cubs combo @ 2.98:1(both teams must win). vs. (dodgers and Indians)

Reason: Yesterday's same bet went very well. I don't think anything has changed, except the odds are better. So I will definitely take another shot at this combo. Both teams are big favourites.

Result: Lost
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      (MLB Live betting) Bet#8: $1 No runs in 7th inning (yankees vs. indians)

Reason: No extraordinary batters.

Result: Win
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      I read an interesting article that unless you are a huge professional sports bettor, betting small and consistent is not going to make much money.

The trick is to look for big games with big odds, and bet big on them. More like gambling. At the moment I am considering to bet bigger on games that I am more confident about.

But this blog is more of an experiment to see how my picks do in the long run. So I'll analyze the results after 50-70 bets.

Anyways, another live bet

(MLB live betting) Bet #9: $5 on New York Yankees to win at 2.20:1

Reason: They were favourites to win and now the game is tied, but they have better odds. I can't see why this is, maybe because of lack of closing pitchers.

Result: Lost

(MLB) Bet #10: Bet $5 on Chicago Cubs @1.70:1 odds vs. LA Dodgers

Reason: Comfortable win yesterday, and looking for another win tonight.

Result: TBA

Bet#11: Bet $3 on Chicago Cubs to score first @ 2.05

Reason: Better team, favourites to win so should be scoring first. I'll try using Martingale system for this bet.

Result: TBA