This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 88 Nl25 Sh

• poiuwert
      poiuwert
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $48,18
      BB:
      $52,13

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:club: , 8:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,00) 3:diamond: , 6:spade: , J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,25, BB calls $1,25.

Turn: ($4,50) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2,25, Hero calls $2,25.

River: ($9,00) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $6,00, Hero calls $6,00.

Final Pot: $21,00

Villain seemed to be a good LAG/TAG.
      Turn check/call as I see villain floating a lot in this spot. Check/call river as the Q is most likely a scarecard to most of my range, and I don't really see him betting a J for value there (I had a quite tight image there).
      OK line here?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I don`t like your line

If he is floating you a lot just 2nd barrel rather than c/c. I don`t like to give away initiative OOP and not know if he`s valuetowning me or taking stabs.
      So in this spot I would bet turn about 2.75 and fold to a raise. If called prolly c/f or small blockbet river.

As played I`m c/f river unless I know he is capable of bluffing a lot in spots like that because I don`t see him call flop / bet turn/bet that river with anyting we beat.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      I don`t like your line

If he is floating you a lot just 2nd barrel rather than c/c. I don`t like to give away initiative OOP and not know if he`s valuetowning me or taking stabs.
      So in this spot I would bet turn about 2.75 and fold to a raise. If called prolly c/f or small blockbet river.

As played I`m c/f river unless I know he is capable of bluffing a lot in spots like that because I don`t see him call flop / bet turn/bet that river with anyting we beat.
      +1, expect I would likely just Check/Fold on river when I made a 2nd barrel on turn, he wont bet out with worse there and with blockbet you are likely just giving him money.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • poiuwert
      poiuwert
      Bronze
      I don't really like 2nd-barreling with a hand with showdown value against someone that is very likely floating, as we would only get action from hands we beat. I think check/calling and reevaluating river has a slightly higher EV.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by poiuwert
      I don't really like 2nd-barreling with a hand with showdown value against someone that is very likely floating, as we would only get action from hands we beat. I think check/calling and reevaluating river has a slightly higher EV.
      Sure you can do such moves with TP or such hands but not with your 2nd pair (will need much better reads on him), I don't like risking here, you are in dumb situation on river if there comes another overcard.