Suckout Strategy

• SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Has anyone tried playing like an idiot and sucking out all the time as a strategy? The usual bet while ahead strategy is not working. I'm thinking I'll just throw myself into a bunch of pots, call or bet everything and hope for the best. It seems to work my opponents very well. Learning more about the game is not helping either. I was good at FL when I didn't understand it as much as I do now. I'm thinking I should just play blindfolded or something to see if I can start winning again.

Any thoughts? :f_biggrin:
  • 20 replies
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Downswing so advice would be patience,take a break and take a look again at ur game.Variance is a bitch and u must know it :f_grin:
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      I'm going back to the tables and I'm going to go nuts... but at .10/.20 FL-SH. :f_love:

Edit: Well not exactly nuts. Just full speed ahead and react to reads while one tabling. But if I get pissed off again I will go nuts!!!
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I've seen someone push all in with K2s. Worked for him. :s_mad:
    • FirestormX
      FirestormX
      Bronze
      I don't know why, but for some reason that sounds like a bad idea?

Take a week off. Don't think about poker, don't talk about poker, just do other things.

After the week's over, come back and play your game. Suckouts happen, and they suck, but as long as you play good poker, the people who are sucking out on you will end up paying you lots of money.

Glorious money.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

You're joking, right :P ?

Well FL (especially SH) is a VERY swingy game, that is why we use a 500BB BRM ;) . Of course you will face a lot of suckouts (especially on the micro limits), but the moments when you valuetown a few fish with your nuts are just priveless and pay for the losses, giving you profit in the end :) . When you are playing vs calling stations you should make sure to stick to the standard playing styles vs them (only play top pair and better) and not to tilt and adapt your style (in an inappropriate way, by starting to play looser ;) .

An upswing should come soon!

Regards,

Primzi
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      By jobe, I think this is just crazy enough to work! I'll try it a few times and report my success.

Busted all my money.. FU SalamiandCheese!!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Oh come on, you could have at least waited more than 10 seconds before editing your post ;) .
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Hehe, the thing is it worked. :f_biggrin: I raised looser and semi-bluffed a few when I know they're not folding and hit my draw a few times. Nice boost to the winrate. :s_o:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      no comment :| .
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      this seems legit. Going all in with the best seems like a 100% guarantee of losing on partypoker aswell, tell me more about ur strategy, maybe make an instructional video
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I did it once on a tourney, hara kiri because I was pissed off and tired.

I doubled up with Q2o and had my aces got cracked afterwards :D
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      no comment :| .
      Deserves a point though imo ;)
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      I did it once on a tourney, hara kiri because I was pissed off and tired.

I doubled up with Q2o and had my aces got cracked afterwards :D
      Loser, you learned the secret strategy and still couldn't lay down Aces??

Btw, my best suckout strategy was in an MTT as well, my PC overheated, started lagging I got pissed and started pressing all buttons on my keyboard hoping that would bring my PC back to life (why would it? beats me), the thing is it worked! Just in time to accidently call a push with 5/2o. He had AK.. Here comes the flop.. DEUCE. Ship it :s_cool:
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by suvalgysiu

Loser, you learned the secret strategy and still couldn't lay down Aces??

Btw, my best suckout strategy was in an MTT as well, my PC overheated, started lagging I got pissed and started pressing all buttons on my keyboard hoping that would bring my PC back to life (why would it? beats me), the thing is it worked! Just in time to accidently call a push with 5/2o. He had AK.. Here comes the flop.. DEUCE. Ship it :s_cool:
      A pair? HOLY SHIT! That's a monster. Nice hand.
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Try busting from tourney, that always works.
    • AnderX
      AnderX
      Bronze
      I think when u got set of AA an there is a 2 and a 5 on the flop , and then a 3 comes....be afraid that ur oponent called big raises whit a pair of 44
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AnderX
      I think when u got set of AA an there is a 2 and a 5 on the flop , and then a 3 comes....be afraid that ur oponent called big raises whit a pair of 44
      I've heard this as well, in fact, some players follow this as a strict rule when to lay down Rockets. I've also heard that this is written somwhere in between the Terms&Conditions. That's how top level sharks learned this secret.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Some people really need to start playing razz.
    • Vasco911
      Vasco911
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrPavlos
      Downswing so advice would be patience,take a break and take a look again at ur game.Variance is a bitch and u must know it :f_grin:

Variance is an excuse to help you feel better about poorly played hands. Re-read all the articles and try again!