Is PLO really this easy?

• 6 replies
    • ptmx
      ptmx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SheepMoose
      In 32 hands I made 100bb's. Is it easy or did I sit at an easy table?
      I've played almost no PLO, but that is quite obviously variance. 100 BBs/32 hands equates to 300 BB/100. That's clearly an extremely unusual win rate for any game. That being said, I have read that PLO games are much softer than NL games at comparable limits. PLO is a much more volatile game and that attracts the fish, plus most of the ambitious players will be learning SHNLH.
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      I can see what you mean by variance. I just played 7 hands of PLO and made 250BB's. This is crazy.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      the game is not easy at all , much more complex than no limit holdem in my opinion but the oposition is horrendous at the micro-low stakes.

I've been playing on party lately and running bad (10 stacks under ev but still profitable :D ) but plo25sh has given me good laughs at some poeple plays, like 4bet shoving non nut straights in a 3suited paired board on the river is the standard play
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      It is possible to win a huge BB/100. My mate is a good PLO player and he is consistently smashing the micro tables with excessive BB/100.
      But obviously there is soo many bad players which make this happen, higher limits the BB/100 would be low ofcourse.
    • AndySk
      AndySk
      Bronze
      It's possible to win 150$ a day at 0.05/0.10 in maybe 2000-3000 hands. It's also that possible to lose twice that :P
    • ptmx
      ptmx
      Bronze
      Yeah, PLO at the micros seems to be pretty terrible. I haven't read any PLO strategy and frankly I play PLO pretty poorly, but I still usually feel like I have a substantial edge at the micro stakes. Considering that most of the serious players seem to focus on SHNL, it seems like learning PLO might be the most profitable choice right now.