Turbos easier than regular?

• zhenzhenZHEN
      zhenzhenZHEN
      Bronze
      Lately it seems to me playing on $3 turbos on stars are more profitable than the $1 normal sngs..takes less time and you can actually fold your way to top 4-5 before playing a hand. What do you guys reckon?

*cough is playing the $3 sngs on $50 bankroll a no-no cuz of breach of BRM? xD
  • 9 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Well firstly $3 S&Gs are bound to be more profitable than $1 S&Gs....because the stakes are higher so therefore so is the prize pool.

Secondly theres a 20% rake on the $1 which lowers the ROI.

I play normall S&Gs not turbos...because i think theres more skill than luck in the slower blind levles.
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      I could never imagine that turbo SnG's players are this bad. I play 2$ on iPoker and it's common for them to raise with Q7s J8o UTG or call with similar hands. People call my all in's with 23o or T3s for entertainment...
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      I think that's because they hate to wait for the action, but they don't feel comfortable with more than 2 tables open. Now that i'm starting to think, all my friends who are donks :D Are playing turbos. This could be a pretty nice advice. And you don't have to play 3$ SnG turbo instead of 1$ SnG. but well i think the rake % also makes the difference. Well yeah. The donks just love turbo. Could try this myself today :f_biggrin: Also the most of the starting PS players are playing the reg SnG's because there is nothing said bout the turbo ones and they feel under pressure now that they have so much to see and analyze at the tables. This promises to be a profitable idea.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      The general concensus is: higher roi on regulars, higher hourly winrate on turbo's.
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      The general concensus is: higher roi on regulars, higher hourly winrate on turbo's.

Why's that?
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      blinds move slower on regulars, so you have more time to "deploy your awesome skills" :p

You have to play less marginal situations because you can wait for better spots, and the donkeys have more time to kill eachother.

Turbo's however are alot faster so you can play more in one hour. Youre ROI (expected profit) for every sng is lower, buth because you play more you still earn more / hour.
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Well, because my postflop game still is far from A-game, i rather want to get to push/fold faster and use some of my ICM skills. At last ICM training session with all random i got 91%. My goal is to get 95%<....
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      search this forum, there is a great thread or post somewhere by nickparkes where he explains how to use icm trainer :P
    • Pichux
      Pichux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      search this forum, there is a great thread or post somewhere by nickparkes where he explains how to use icm trainer :P
      Tnx for the advice, found the topic. Great idea, i'll try to do this as soon as i can. :)