Known players:    
      BB:
      $2,18
      Hero:
      $2,00
      MP2:
      $4,93

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T:diamond: , T:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,08, MP2 calls $0,08, 4 folds, BB calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,25) 9:heart: , J:heart: , 8:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,18, MP2 calls $0,18, BB folds.

Turn: ($0,61) T:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,40, MP2 calls $0,40.

River: ($1,41) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $0,10, Hero calls $0,10.

Final Pot: $1,61

This one is interesting for me.
      I flopped middle pair + oesd, continuation bet is a must i guess..
      on the turn it became set + oesd, so i bet once more, on the river i wasnt really sure where i stand and what to do.. So pls give me some insight about the river here, why to do whatever is right to do =)
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Turn: It's only a set on turn, it's not OESD because if an 7 or Q comes then you both might get split pot. :P Depending on the opponent, if he seems to be very fishy opponent then I don't mind betting for value but if we are against a thinking player then I might try to Check/Call because when we Bet out ourself then we might get into difficult situation when he raises, he could have a straight already and we don't want to go broke with our set type of hand also we don't want to fold, we could still hit our FH on river. Depending on of kind of hand do you put him on, stats would be really good here in this situation, it could be that you are betting for value and otherwise it could be that you are not, therefore I think against unknown I don't mind betting out myself.
      River: Check/Call such small bet is fine.

Best regards,
      Rensu
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      I would bet/fold that flop, and definitely take the check/call line on turn because you still have outs to hit a FH and I don't see many weaker hands calling here... I'm folding to a big bet or shove. If you hit your FH on the river, you can just shove if you think he has a straight or just value bet if he shows weakness.