This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

sngs/mtt

• 23 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi TobyCS,

What do you mean? I dont quite understand your question.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      what are the best sng or mtt at pokerstars that are easy to win at. for example are don's easier than 9 handed, etc. i got a bankroll of $50
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      The easiest and probably best for beginners are 9 man SnG's. You should pick the type you like/enjoy most, and try to become better at them. Don't just play a game you dislike for the money.

You can make alot of money from any variant, so pick the one which best suits you.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I think DON's are easiest for total beginners, easy way to get your bankroll growing :)
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      im not a beginner been playing for years, just new to stars.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      So why is this question even necessary? Why are you starting with $50?

In answer to viewer88's reply, DoN's probably are easier, but your never gonna become a world beater playing such SnG's. The general play in DoN's doesn't relate to any other variants. Your also not going to get a good consistent winrate., and they are far from the most profitable.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      I think DON's are easiest for total beginners, easy way to get your bankroll growing :)
      need to reach silver and read the article on DoNs to play them correctly though :| .

Primzi
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      So why is this question even necessary? Why are you starting with $50?

In answer to viewer88's reply, DoN's probably are easier, but your never gonna become a world beater playing such SnG's. The general play in DoN's doesn't relate to any other variants. Your also not going to get a good consistent winrate., and they are far from the most profitable.
      It is necessary because different sites have different skilled games. For example the sng's on party poker are a joke. I am starting with $50 to work my way up, pointless depositing loads when I can work it upquickly.

Originally posted by Primzi
      Originally posted by viewer88
      need to reach silver and read the article on DoNs to play them correctly though :| .

Primzi
      I have played a few don, never had the chance on other sites I played and they are just too easy. I have only really lost them when my opponent sucks out. I have been mainly playing $1 27/45 man tournaments and making good profit.

Cheers for the help everyone
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Generally the STT players on stars are of a better caliber than that of party or elsewhere. Still plenty of bad players though, although expect a huge increase in the amount of players who understand sng theory at the 16s. A lot are still bad imo, they just wait until the late blind stages to reveal themselves.

Low stakes MTT/MTT SNGS are fishy everywhere.
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Well if it won't make you go completely mental playing 500 $1.10 DON's will get you the 500 FPP's you need to release the bonus and it actually gives you 100% RB while you clear it.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jonaton
      Well if it won't make you go completely mental playing 500 $1.10 DON's will get you the 500 FPP's you need to release the bonus and it actually gives you 100% RB while you clear it.
      That's not too hard you know.

I've easily 26-tabled DoNs and made profit :P .
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I thought stars has no rakeback?
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      You don't get 1 FPP per game... You get 4 or 5 Fpps per 1 dollar in rake so its 10 games to get 1 dollar in rake.
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      You don't get 1 FPP per game... You get 4 or 5 Fpps per 1 dollar in rake so its 10 games to get 1 dollar in rake.
      No, a $1.10 DON gives you 1 FPP, 10 of them give you 10FPP's for $1 rake. if you buy into a $10+1 you only get 5 FPPs, it's a positive glitch in the system for micro players as they round up cause they don't have fractional FPP's.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      www.pokerstars.com
      2. Earn FPP credits for tournament play

Five (5) FPP credits are awarded for each $1 in tournament fees paid. Fractional FPPs will be awarded in tenths.

For example:

* In a poker tournament with $20 buy-in and $2 tournament fee, each player will be awarded 10 FPP credits.
      * In a $5 buy-in Sit & Go poker tournament with a $0.50 fee, 2.5 FPP credits will be awarded to each player who played in the tournament.
      This is from the pokerstars website - http://www.pokerstars.com/fpp/

So im not sure about $1.10 DoNs but logically it would only give 0.5 FPP. But im not sure wether this has been implemented yet. But when i play a $5.50 tourney i do get 2.5FPP so it must be. Someone check i out imo ;)

-Jack
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Jonaton is right, I can confirm that :-)
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Silver
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      www.pokerstars.com

Five (5) FPP credits are awarded for each $1 in tournament fees paid. Fractional FPPs will be awarded in tenths.

For example:

* In a poker tournament with $20 buy-in and $2 tournament fee, each player will be awarded 10 FPP credits.
      * In a $5 buy-in Sit & Go poker tournament with a $0.50 fee, 2.5 FPP credits will be awarded to each player who played in the tournament.

So im not sure about $1.10 DoNs but logically it would only give 0.5 FPP. But im not sure wether this has been implemented yet. But when i play a $5.50 tourney i do get 2.5FPP so it must be. Someone check i out imo ;)

-Jack
      you're wrong, you get 3FPP when you play a $5 + 0,50 toruney.

You multiply the rake by 5. Then you get the closest entire number
      example: $1 + 0,25. 0,25 * 5 = 1,25. The closest entire number is 1, so you get 1 fpp
      $1 + 0,10. 0,10 * 5 = 0,50. The closes entire numer is 1.
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alverine
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      www.pokerstars.com

For example:

-Jack
      you're wrong, you get 3FPP when you play a $5 + 0,50 toruney.

You multiply the rake by 5. Then you get the closest entire number
      example: $1 + 0,25. 0,25 * 5 = 1,25. The closest entire number is 1, so you get 1 fpp
      $1 + 0,10. 0,10 * 5 = 0,50. The closes entire numer is 1.
      Usualy yes, you get 3 FPP for 5.50 tourney. But I noticed that while playing private PS comunity tournament you get 2.5 FPP for 5.50 buy-in.
      Best is to check tournament lobby to find how much FPP you will get
    • HansWurst871
      HansWurst871
      Bronze
      I'd advice you to play the 3 + 0.25 6-max Sit 'n' Gos.
      They are really easy to beat and it doesn't take much time.