sngs/mtt

• 23 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi TobyCS,

What do you mean? I dont quite understand your question.

Regards,
      Stiev
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      what are the best sng or mtt at pokerstars that are easy to win at. for example are don's easier than 9 handed, etc. i got a bankroll of $50
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      The easiest and probably best for beginners are 9 man SnG's. You should pick the type you like/enjoy most, and try to become better at them. Don't just play a game you dislike for the money.

You can make alot of money from any variant, so pick the one which best suits you.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      I think DON's are easiest for total beginners, easy way to get your bankroll growing :)
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      im not a beginner been playing for years, just new to stars.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      So why is this question even necessary? Why are you starting with $50?

In answer to viewer88's reply, DoN's probably are easier, but your never gonna become a world beater playing such SnG's. The general play in DoN's doesn't relate to any other variants. Your also not going to get a good consistent winrate., and they are far from the most profitable.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by viewer88
      I think DON's are easiest for total beginners, easy way to get your bankroll growing :)
      need to reach silver and read the article on DoNs to play them correctly though :| .

Primzi
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      So why is this question even necessary? Why are you starting with $50?

In answer to viewer88's reply, DoN's probably are easier, but your never gonna become a world beater playing such SnG's. The general play in DoN's doesn't relate to any other variants. Your also not going to get a good consistent winrate., and they are far from the most profitable.
      It is necessary because different sites have different skilled games. For example the sng's on party poker are a joke. I am starting with $50 to work my way up, pointless depositing loads when I can work it upquickly.

Originally posted by Primzi
      Originally posted by viewer88
      need to reach silver and read the article on DoNs to play them correctly though :| .

Primzi
      I have played a few don, never had the chance on other sites I played and they are just too easy. I have only really lost them when my opponent sucks out. I have been mainly playing $1 27/45 man tournaments and making good profit.

Cheers for the help everyone
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Generally the STT players on stars are of a better caliber than that of party or elsewhere. Still plenty of bad players though, although expect a huge increase in the amount of players who understand sng theory at the 16s. A lot are still bad imo, they just wait until the late blind stages to reveal themselves.

Low stakes MTT/MTT SNGS are fishy everywhere.
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Well if it won't make you go completely mental playing 500 $1.10 DON's will get you the 500 FPP's you need to release the bonus and it actually gives you 100% RB while you clear it.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jonaton
      Well if it won't make you go completely mental playing 500 $1.10 DON's will get you the 500 FPP's you need to release the bonus and it actually gives you 100% RB while you clear it.
      That's not too hard you know.

I've easily 26-tabled DoNs and made profit :P .
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      I thought stars has no rakeback?
    • Heffron89
      Heffron89
      Bronze
      You don't get 1 FPP per game... You get 4 or 5 Fpps per 1 dollar in rake so its 10 games to get 1 dollar in rake.
    • Jonaton
      Jonaton
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Heffron89
      You don't get 1 FPP per game... You get 4 or 5 Fpps per 1 dollar in rake so its 10 games to get 1 dollar in rake.
      No, a $1.10 DON gives you 1 FPP, 10 of them give you 10FPP's for $1 rake. if you buy into a $10+1 you only get 5 FPPs, it's a positive glitch in the system for micro players as they round up cause they don't have fractional FPP's.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      www.pokerstars.com
      2. Earn FPP credits for tournament play

Five (5) FPP credits are awarded for each $1 in tournament fees paid. Fractional FPPs will be awarded in tenths.

For example:

* In a poker tournament with $20 buy-in and $2 tournament fee, each player will be awarded 10 FPP credits.
      * In a $5 buy-in Sit & Go poker tournament with a $0.50 fee, 2.5 FPP credits will be awarded to each player who played in the tournament.
      This is from the pokerstars website - http://www.pokerstars.com/fpp/

So im not sure about $1.10 DoNs but logically it would only give 0.5 FPP. But im not sure wether this has been implemented yet. But when i play a $5.50 tourney i do get 2.5FPP so it must be. Someone check i out imo ;)

-Jack
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Jonaton is right, I can confirm that :-)
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      www.pokerstars.com

Five (5) FPP credits are awarded for each $1 in tournament fees paid. Fractional FPPs will be awarded in tenths.

For example:

* In a poker tournament with $20 buy-in and $2 tournament fee, each player will be awarded 10 FPP credits.
      * In a $5 buy-in Sit & Go poker tournament with a $0.50 fee, 2.5 FPP credits will be awarded to each player who played in the tournament.

So im not sure about $1.10 DoNs but logically it would only give 0.5 FPP. But im not sure wether this has been implemented yet. But when i play a $5.50 tourney i do get 2.5FPP so it must be. Someone check i out imo ;)

-Jack
      you're wrong, you get 3FPP when you play a $5 + 0,50 toruney.

You multiply the rake by 5. Then you get the closest entire number
      example: $1 + 0,25. 0,25 * 5 = 1,25. The closest entire number is 1, so you get 1 fpp
      $1 + 0,10. 0,10 * 5 = 0,50. The closes entire numer is 1.
    • zamoda
      zamoda
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alverine
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      www.pokerstars.com

For example:

-Jack
      you're wrong, you get 3FPP when you play a $5 + 0,50 toruney.

You multiply the rake by 5. Then you get the closest entire number
      example: $1 + 0,25. 0,25 * 5 = 1,25. The closest entire number is 1, so you get 1 fpp
      $1 + 0,10. 0,10 * 5 = 0,50. The closes entire numer is 1.
      Usualy yes, you get 3 FPP for 5.50 tourney. But I noticed that while playing private PS comunity tournament you get 2.5 FPP for 5.50 buy-in.
      Best is to check tournament lobby to find how much FPP you will get
    • HansWurst871
      HansWurst871
      Bronze
      I'd advice you to play the 3 + 0.25 6-max Sit 'n' Gos.
      They are really easy to beat and it doesn't take much time.