Pocketrockits POKER BLOG

• pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      Hello Guys,

This is my poker blog. I'm going to use this blog to try and improve my poker game, before I give up on poker for good. I enjoy playing but hate losing money in a session. I have worked in the gambling industry for the last 2 years, so i know you can be profitable from poker!! But its just not happening for me.

I've turned $20 into $500 on 2 occasions and cashed out and then suffered down swings in poker and lost quite abit. Overall, I think I have broken even.

I've only ever played live poker twice and finished 4th (from 50 players) and 7th from (52 players).

I'm currently playing on 5/10c tables at Poker Stars with the FREE $50 from PS. My poker alias there is playing2lose :evil:

BEST POKER HAND WIN : Its a fishy one and I was playing on "paynorake". I had suited connectors 10 & 9 of spades. There were 3 players in the pot and one notabel aggressive raiser who had a strong hand preflop.

FLOP
      As Ks Kd

TURN
      Qs (this got me very interested in pot)

RIVER
      Js (gave me royal flush and winning the pot of $150 with my oppotents swearing at me for the next 10 mins. One of the players had AK).

WORST POKER LOSS: This is just in terms of money becuase it hurt me the most. I had increased my BR on pkr from $20 to $600 and i moved up to $1 - $2. I noticed a fishy player on the table, raising with crap hands like J6 suited. He had already reloaded with $400 in lesss than an hour. I had AK under the gun and I rose to $12. This player pushed me all in and becuase of his past play, i called and he was holding QQ. I didnt hit X(
  • 6 replies
    • pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      So, how am I doing with the $50. Well I think I have started to play some really neat poker and after the initial shock has passed of laying suited connectors, KJ's and the like. I can now say that, I dont even think twice about laying down such hands as AJ, when out of position :)

Within 2 days of playing maybe 3 hours a day, I have increased by BR by $15.65. So my BR now stands at $65.65.

I've never played on poker stars before but I love the software and I'm playing on 5 tables at a time and sometimes 6. Its so much easier to play on this amount of tables, when you are folding almost every hand.

NOTABLE MOMENT : Winning a $6 pot (including my $2). I was on BB with AJ suited hearts. There were 3 callers including SB, so I decided not to raise and just checked.

FLOP: Qh 10h 8h : we all checked

TURN : Ks : and 20c was bet and there were 2 callers and one drop out

RIVER : 2c : player bet .80c and I went all In
    • pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      had a brutal poker session this morning and I'm down to a BR of $51. Damn was horrid! Going back on for an hour now. Wish me LUCK! :P
    • pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      damn this is nutzzzzz. things still arent happening..im down to $47 now. I've been on this one table for 200 hands and i havent got Pockets or even called!!!
    • pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      Well I seem to have lost my way playing SSS and I went down to $35, was being out drawn all the time. If I had QQ, he would have KK. You then mix that in with the bad beats, ie being beaten by 10 8 after someone called you all in for $2 becuase his cards were suited.

So, I got side tracked and played a few double or nothings and got my balance up to $50. I played a few MTT's and got sucked out every time although i really enjoyed playing coz i played really well.

Most notable suck out was when i had 88 and the flop was 8d 7d and 3c. I checked and guy raised to $400, I went ALL IN with $3000 and he called to reveal Ad Kc. I was over the moon until Kd and finally 6d hit the board. At least the donk apologised and said he thought i was trying to hassle him with A J LOL. Thats what I wanted him to think LOL, what i didnt want was his 2% chance of winning becoming a reality.

Anyways, bored of SSS although it has made me a tighter player. I never thought i could fold a KQ or KJ and the like out of position, but now its so easy its like second nature.

My only problem is sticking to playing SSS, I get so bored becuase of the SWINGS. What can I do?
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      if u ever want to be winning player, u have to learn how to control your emotions when u r losing (which is inevitable b/c poker IS gambling). U also shoul perfect SSS by watching some vids.
    • pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      if u ever want to be winning player, u have to learn how to control your emotions when u r losing (which is inevitable b/c poker IS gambling). U also shoul perfect SSS by watching some vids.
      My emotions are controlled. I've been playing on 10 tables at a time and this does not give you time to have emotions! You win on one table adn you lose on another, its not personal. I actually perfer to play like this, but I've playing for a week and I've played alot of hands now and i've still only broken even!!

I will watch a few vids though. Thanks for your advice :) :D