This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Pocketrockits POKER BLOG

• pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      Hello Guys,

This is my poker blog. I'm going to use this blog to try and improve my poker game, before I give up on poker for good. I enjoy playing but hate losing money in a session. I have worked in the gambling industry for the last 2 years, so i know you can be profitable from poker!! But its just not happening for me.

I've turned $20 into $500 on 2 occasions and cashed out and then suffered down swings in poker and lost quite abit. Overall, I think I have broken even.

I've only ever played live poker twice and finished 4th (from 50 players) and 7th from (52 players).

I'm currently playing on 5/10c tables at Poker Stars with the FREE $50 from PS. My poker alias there is playing2lose :evil:

BEST POKER HAND WIN : Its a fishy one and I was playing on "paynorake". I had suited connectors 10 & 9 of spades. There were 3 players in the pot and one notabel aggressive raiser who had a strong hand preflop.

FLOP
      As Ks Kd

TURN
      Qs (this got me very interested in pot)

RIVER
      Js (gave me royal flush and winning the pot of $150 with my oppotents swearing at me for the next 10 mins. One of the players had AK).

WORST POKER LOSS: This is just in terms of money becuase it hurt me the most. I had increased my BR on pkr from $20 to $600 and i moved up to $1 - $2. I noticed a fishy player on the table, raising with crap hands like J6 suited. He had already reloaded with $400 in lesss than an hour. I had AK under the gun and I rose to $12. This player pushed me all in and becuase of his past play, i called and he was holding QQ. I didnt hit X(
  • 6 replies
    • pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      So, how am I doing with the $50. Well I think I have started to play some really neat poker and after the initial shock has passed of laying suited connectors, KJ's and the like. I can now say that, I dont even think twice about laying down such hands as AJ, when out of position :)

Within 2 days of playing maybe 3 hours a day, I have increased by BR by $15.65. So my BR now stands at $65.65.

I've never played on poker stars before but I love the software and I'm playing on 5 tables at a time and sometimes 6. Its so much easier to play on this amount of tables, when you are folding almost every hand.

NOTABLE MOMENT : Winning a $6 pot (including my $2). I was on BB with AJ suited hearts. There were 3 callers including SB, so I decided not to raise and just checked.

FLOP: Qh 10h 8h : we all checked

TURN : Ks : and 20c was bet and there were 2 callers and one drop out

RIVER : 2c : player bet .80c and I went all In
    • pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      had a brutal poker session this morning and I'm down to a BR of $51. Damn was horrid! Going back on for an hour now. Wish me LUCK! :P
    • pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      damn this is nutzzzzz. things still arent happening..im down to $47 now. I've been on this one table for 200 hands and i havent got Pockets or even called!!!
    • pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      Well I seem to have lost my way playing SSS and I went down to $35, was being out drawn all the time. If I had QQ, he would have KK. You then mix that in with the bad beats, ie being beaten by 10 8 after someone called you all in for $2 becuase his cards were suited.

So, I got side tracked and played a few double or nothings and got my balance up to $50. I played a few MTT's and got sucked out every time although i really enjoyed playing coz i played really well.

Most notable suck out was when i had 88 and the flop was 8d 7d and 3c. I checked and guy raised to $400, I went ALL IN with $3000 and he called to reveal Ad Kc. I was over the moon until Kd and finally 6d hit the board. At least the donk apologised and said he thought i was trying to hassle him with A J LOL. Thats what I wanted him to think LOL, what i didnt want was his 2% chance of winning becoming a reality.

Anyways, bored of SSS although it has made me a tighter player. I never thought i could fold a KQ or KJ and the like out of position, but now its so easy its like second nature.

My only problem is sticking to playing SSS, I get so bored becuase of the SWINGS. What can I do?
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      if u ever want to be winning player, u have to learn how to control your emotions when u r losing (which is inevitable b/c poker IS gambling). U also shoul perfect SSS by watching some vids.
    • pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fun101rockets
      if u ever want to be winning player, u have to learn how to control your emotions when u r losing (which is inevitable b/c poker IS gambling). U also shoul perfect SSS by watching some vids.
      My emotions are controlled. I've been playing on 10 tables at a time and this does not give you time to have emotions! You win on one table adn you lose on another, its not personal. I actually perfer to play like this, but I've playing for a week and I've played alot of hands now and i've still only broken even!!

I will watch a few vids though. Thanks for your advice :) :D