AK at final table,need advice

• Uselis
      Uselis
      Bronze
      Hey everyone

I was playing 2.20/180 plrs SitNGo and make it to the final table.So the blinds was 1000/2000 ante 250.There was left seven players and my position 2/7.I have about 52000 stack.I was on the small blind and on the button was chip leader with 80000 stack.I have Ako and the button raise me 3.5 big blinds and i push him all in.He calls me and show me QQ.Finally i lost.The question I want to ask you is:would you risk all of your chips with AK in similar situation?

Thanks for the answers.
  • 5 replies
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Uselis
      Hey everyone

I was playing 2.20/180 plrs SitNGo and make it to the final table.So the blinds was 1000/2000 ante 250.There was left seven players and my position 2/7.I have about 52000 stack.I was on the small blind and on the button was chip leader with 80000 stack.I have Ako and the button raise me 3.5 big blinds and i push him all in.He calls me and show me QQ.Finally i lost.The question I want to ask you is:would you risk all of your chips with AK in similar situation?

Thanks for the answers.
      against a chipleader stealing from the button, yes :f_biggrin:
    • yossinew
      yossinew
      Bronze
      you do the right thing.
      it was 57% vs 43% to him before the flop but if you get K or A you finish him.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi Uselis,

Pushing AK into the chip leader isn't always the best option. You should post the hand in the sample hands forum. We dont have any info about any other stacks and the likes.

Please post the hand so you get a full response.
      Stiev
    • Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      yes i do
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      hmm.. now if we know that he had pair (QQ) best option was to just call and try to hit a flop...

but get real:

there are 3 probabilities ...

1. chipleader is loose (but not that good player)
      2. chipleader is loose (but very good player)
      3. he is tigh

against 1one ... you made some kind good play but against other 2 you made bad play coz you are risking too much to gain little.

IMO correct play with stack of 26BB was: re-raise his bet from 7,5K to somthing like 15-20K ... show that you have strong hand

if he is tight,good player - he will probably push you all in with hands QQ+ and AK+... against this range you are dog ... so fold .. you had still 16-19BB next round with button positon .. (2-3 steals and you are back to 50k)

if he is loose .. and he is risking his whole stack with hands like ATs+ etc ... you have more equity so dont be afraid against calling his all in ...but again you should take in mind if there is needed to risk whole turnament (whole big stack) to gain little advantage ...

because there is no huge diference if you have 26 or 31 BB

you can easily gain this position with bullying shorties on table risking less...

i can write here 2 pages of circumstances and different options against this one hand ... you will never get 100% acurate ansver to play one hand... but you need to decide by yourself geting in mind A lot other things.

i advise you to learn a lot from MTT books like harrington,videos from pokerstrategy .... play lot etc.... coz playing final table is very complex game... as i said before if there are lot players on FT folding i rather to stick with stealing their blainds than fighting with other big stack

update: back to my re-raise ... re-rasing his raise to 15K-20K is VERY strong move ... probably stronger than moving directly all in ... if you get re-raised or pushed all in (when you are deep and he is also deep) that only can means very strong hand ... dont overpplay yours AK ... coz still there is tons of hands that you dont want to see ... like any pairs (22+) ..any 2 live cards giving your opponent 40% chance to win