Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9,98
      MP2:
      $25,95

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:spade: , A:diamond:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, MP2 raises to $1,75, 5 folds, Hero calls $0,75.

Flop: ($3,85) K:heart: , 2:heart: , T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,74, MP2 raises to $11,88, Hero calls $5,49 (All-In).

Turn: ($23,96) 4:diamond:
      River: ($23,96) T:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $23,96
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      postflop is standard but I think there is a case to be made for 4betting/pushing preflop. let's see what the judges say

btw do you have MP2's 3bet freq?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Rockeye,

I dislike calling here to play fit or fold but you can give Mp2 3bet range standard either KK+ or AK+,JJ+. Against both with your doubled stack, you don't have the equity to shove here.

On the flipside, you have more implieds here so maybe one can play Fit or Fold here so I would like to know more opinions about this.

I would fold here and save my $9 stack :)

- Gerv
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Hi Rockeye,

I dislike calling here to play fit or fold but you can give Mp2 3bet range standard either KK+ or AK+,JJ+. Against both with your doubled stack, you don't have the equity to shove here.

On the flipside, you have more implieds here so maybe one can play Fit or Fold here so I would like to know more opinions about this.

I would fold here and save my $9 stack :)

- Gerv
      If his range is KK+ you cant be sure you have the better hand even if you hit the flop, and in the cases of JJ+ you will still only have a coinflip so imo fold it and save your doublestack.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey RockEye,

I'd like to quote Hasenbraten from one of his videos:"Now that's a super-ugly spot." :)

Villain's stats look as he's a good TAG, but I don't know what's he's doing with that minraise, either misclick or he's trying to confuse you. Nevertheless as Gerv mentioned I think as well he's on KK+ or AK/JJ+ and against both those ranges you don't have the equity shove. So, fold >> shove.

On the other hand, he gives you great odds to make a call here with that minraise, but you are OOP and even when you hit a K on the board you're getting stacked against KK+ and against AA when you hit an A, but he can easily give up JJ/QQ when you donk him on K or A high board. Also, you're just paying him 3BBs more when you don't hit the board. So, he actually has you exactly where he wants if you make a call, so I would just fold preflop, you invested only 4BBs afterall.

Regards,
      burek2000