Starting capital....disappointed...

• PokerStarsSK
      PokerStarsSK
      Bronze
      HI..
      I have sent my ID 4 days ago and yesterday, I received a mail that my address in pokerstrategy does not match the address on the ID I sent.
      First of all, I sent my passport for my ID, and the passport does not include address.. How can the address not match when my passport does not include my address?
      Secondly, I sent a ticket asking about what I should send pokerstrategy.com to receive starting capital, and clearly asked what should I send for my ID since my passport do not show the address. And moderator or whoever responded to the ticket, Jeff, said "Just send us an official document stating your name and birthday." So I just sent my passport which only includes my name and birthday.
      I don't see why you guys tell me to send official document stating my "name" and "birthday," and now telling me to send my address because the address I sent, which has never happened, does not match the address in pokerstrategy.com????
      Will you guys be responsible for what you guys have said? Or are you guys going to ask me to send another document?
      Thanks for reading this, I wish a kind moderator who would answer all of my question would answer this since the ticket supporters like to only answer the question they like to answer.
  • 21 replies
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hello PokerStarsSK,

Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause you.

In addition to your ID, we also need a proof of residence. It can be an utility bill or a bank statement, etc. Please re-send all requested documents to security@pokerstrategy.com

Kind Regards,
      thunder
    • PokerStarsSK
      PokerStarsSK
      Bronze
      Sorry, was kind of mad because of my disappointment.. But I still think ticket supporters should be responsible for what they say.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      well dude you spelt "inconvenience" wrong yourself, so don't even comment on other people's education... jeez at least get it right
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      Drivers licence did it for me.
      It's very nice nor very smart to start talking sh*t to people who are trying to help you just because the spelled one word wrong. This is an international community with people from all over the globe.
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerStarsSK
      Well, that's what ticket supporter Jeff said, only my name and birthday.
      All you have to say is sorry about the inconvinience right, that simple?
      Hey cleverface. *He just asked you for proof of recidence.

:f_confused:
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hello PokerStarsSK,

Sorry for my spelling mistake.

Please note that we reserve the right to request proper and satisfactory documents to verify the age and/or identity of the User before we issue the starting capital which is clearly stated in our TOS. Of course it is totally up to you whether to send in your documents or not. If you'are not willing to send, it's fine. However, in that case we cannot give give any money.

Kind Regards,
      thunder
    • zaplol
      zaplol
      Bronze
      Wow, you're not really here to try and get proper BRM or even learn poker are you? You're just here for the "OMFG ROFL $50 FREE I GOTZ TO GET ME ZOME!".

Behave, talk to people in a mature manner and you will get the help needed to sort your problem. No one is interested in helping a brat who fails at trying to be articulate. Unfortunately it seems they HAVE to help you, however rude you are being. Sad.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello PokerStarsSK!

I actually agree with Zaplol, even though he could have been a bit nicer to you...

I mean your cockiness is just unbelievable... You come here flaming the support, then you flame the moderator... I don't exactly see the "I want to learn" attitude, it is quite obvious you are only here for the money which is pretty sad :( . With that attitude, you won't get far in poker, and you won't be able to withdraw the money until you clear it anyways, so without proper BRM you should go broke in about a day.

I really hope you change your attitude towards poker and people in this forum, stop flaming and get integrated in the community :) .

Regards,

Primzi
    • precula77
      precula77
      Bronze
      hi there.

yes i am waiting to with the beginners starting capital but hey i am 32 and can waith a little however i diddnt know itt needs some ID.
      wel need to wait then and see how itt works.

greetz
    • SEVERANCE
      SEVERANCE
      Global
      I must say that I too am having issues. I passed the test a few days ago now and waited 2 days before sending a ticket to ask if there was any problems etc and I have still not received the starting capital OR the reply to my initial message.
      I understand this is probably an extremely busy site but my issue is this, even though the site is offering $50.00 starting capital they do it under terms which mean that the only way that we will ever benefit from the money is to obviously make money and depending on the site we choose and the bonus scheme which goes along with that site it could be a long time... It means that a lot of our own time and effort will be spent on doing this AND in the long run IF we do become successful then this site will ultimately continue making money off of us.
      Now the "HELP" section does not seem to offer adequate service and so far the offer of the starting capital, in my case,has not been forthcoming.

I have a bunch of friends who are also in the same situation of myself AND I have friends who have also been removed from this site and accounts closed VERY unfairly.

I am very sorry for the vent but it is a little frustrating as I really do see a few issues which do need addressing and every attempt I have seen to try and get issues sorted have purely been ignored or just fobbed off.
      IF this outburst of mine has in any way effected further my reciept of the starting capital then that is fine... I play poker, I am doing okay and well enough to NOT have to work and merely joined as I thought that the training videos and forum options would be both informative and at times when the game was not going so good it is always nice to share experiences and help eachother but sadly I will not support a site who cant support us.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello Severance!

Please take into consideration that it's weekend and that it may take up to 72 hours of business days for you to recieve the starting capital/ID request e-mail so please be a bit patient. The same goes for the support system, they have their days off during weekends too, you know ;) .

As for the "site is making money off us" perspective, you should be grateful to even recieve the 50$ starting capital. The whole point of starting capital is that you have a bankroll to start learning with using our articles. Have you ever even though about what you are saying ;) ? Ok let me try to explain this the easiest way... You sign up at a poker site. You make your own deposit, play there and pay rake and can withdraw at any time. You most likely end up losing all your money because your knowledge of poker is too bad or you aren't using BRM. Actually this way us pokerstrategy players profit from you even more :D . Now if you sign up to the poker site through pokerstrategy, you get a 50$ capital to start with and gain access to a lot of high quality learning material which has a positive EV and will therefore guarantee you success if you stick to BRM. Now the rake you would pay to the poker site by signing directly to it is THE SAME as the rake you pay by signing through pokerstrategy, the only difference is that a part of rake goes to pokerstrategy, which makes sense since someone has to pay for the coaches, article writers, video producers, community managers etc. As for the part that you have to put a lot of your own time and effort into learning, doesn't that make sense? I mean this site's purpose is to help you learn how to play poker and make profit, and you have to put effort in every thing which you want to be good at. If you don't want to learn then just deposit your own money and go "gamble". P.S. Please make sure you tell me your nickname and platform you play at so I can come to your tables and take the money from you :) .

The part about friends is so undescribed that you're most likely lieing or your friends are from US (like you are?). If you are from US, you unfortunately cannot recieve the starting capital since it's against the law in the US to recieve fund transfers from our site + in some states it's illegal to play poker as well.

As for the last part, if you're earning enough to not have to work, then just use one of the PSVIP (first deposit codes) to get tracked by our site and gain strategy points ---> gain access to the learning material. It's quite funny how in the beginning of your post you say that learning troubles you, but now you say that you want to learn? Nice contradiction. I don't think you're making that much money from poker to be honest, otherwise you wouldn't care about 50$, so you're probably losing money rather than winning it ;) .

Please wait patiently until the weekend is over, you should recieve your ticket and e-mail quite soon after that.

Regards,

Primzi
    • SEVERANCE
      SEVERANCE
      Global
      Primzi

For a start, if you read my post correctly you will have read that the ONLY reason I joined this site was because I thought it would be interesting in being part of a poker forum, the $50.00 does not mean anything to me but it was the only way, I was lead to understand, that I could become part of this facade.

I come from a small town and poker is not a popular form of income, nor play, so I was merely trying to expand my "poker family"

Please do not try to belittle me, nor patronise me. I can play poker, I do not work and no I do not make thousands but I make enough to spend the time with the people who are important to me, go on nice holidays and not worry about filling someone elses pockets while my own money dwindles away. If you wish to play me then please be my guest, I play for Full Tilt, Mansion, Titan and I am part of an affiliation programme with XXX [edited by EagleStar88] and my names are. THELASTNAIL, Boycie56, PokedU, and RGRugby.. I do not claim to be anything more than another apponent sitting across an electronic table, sitting with a pair of cards and trying to get by.

My whole point, my friend, was to point out that IF someone tells you to expect something then I do expect it... or at the very least, when I contact the site to make enquiries then I expect the questions to be adressed... Just like I would address people if they were to be putting money ( eventually ) and faith into me....

... and by the way... It has been 4 days since I passed the quiz and 2 days since my last attempt at just getting some info so I think I have waited a fair amount of time before querying beyond the obvious.

Post Edited by [EagleStar88], breach of Board Rule 3, please refrain from advertising or linking other affiliates. Thank you.
    • luitzen
      luitzen
      Bronze
      Starting capitals aren't awarded in the weekends. Don't know about tomorrow, but tomorrow it's pentecost and that's a national holiday in my country. As I understand you correctly you signed up for PokerStrategy last Thursday. If you signed up in the (European) evening that means PokerStrategy employees were already home at that time. If you would get your starting capital next Tuesday that factually means you only had to wait one (work) day.

I hope this helps,

Good luck.
    • SEVERANCE
      SEVERANCE
      Global
      thank you luitzen
    • SEVERANCE
      SEVERANCE
      Global
      Primzi,

I had to message you once again as you really did annoy me. You obviously read what I had wrote, BADLY, and commented upon it.
      At no point in my post did I mention that learning troubles me so the "contradiction" comment you made is bewildering, to say the least.

As for my mention of friends experiencing "issues" with this site, your reply to this statement was to flat out accuse me of lying !! This I find very rude and not the right angle to take on a new user to this site and only goes to prove exactly what I am saying....doesn't it ???
      To try to get further information on my position after taking the test, to no avail, leaving it a few days and then deciding to message and getting no reply and then I post on here and be accused of being a liar.....
      You only have to read through the forums to see that a few people are sadly having issues, some of them are not this sites fault, others are problems caused by lack, or misinformed information.

Please do not call me anything, certainly not a liar. You do not know me and your unpleasantries only make me wonder whether I even want to be part of such a community that it houses such people as yourself.

Furthermore, I am no from the US, I am from the UK and I am fully aware of the rules and laws of gambling with regards to the US also.

As for your attempt to, yet again, insinuate I was a liar when I mentioned playing poker for work I would like to ask you to explain why you felt the need to question that comment... was it because you misread what I wrote or because you believe yourself to have some form of ESP.

Anyway, vent over. I will just say that, in future, before commenting upon a post made by someone make sure you read it fully and understand its content. Maybe you should also have a few lessons in mannors and etiquette and instead of attacking peoples comments and making slanderous comments ( again, only proving the point made in the first place ) maybe you should just keep it all to yourself.

I would just like to thank once again luitzen for his information, maybe you should take note of other posters angles Primzi.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

I shall not reply to any more of your posts since you unfortunately only want to start a flame war, which I do not feel like getting into.

I will only say that my post was pretty politely written and it pretty much gives answers to all of your questions, so if anything, you could say thank you for the explanation ;) .

Now about the lieing part, yes, I did accuse you of lieing because on this site, people don't "get removed from the site and get their accounts closed VERY unfairly" - nobody gets removed from the site and accounts closed here, unless they are breaking the forum rules ;) . As I said before, you haven't described the situations, if they just didn't recieve the starting capital within 2 business days, that certainly isn't the same situation. I mentioned the US part because only US members cannot get the starting capital and thought there was a possibility that that was what you thought with "being removed from the site very unfairly etc".

As for the contradiction here, it is true that english is not my first language, but I still find a contradiction here:

It means that a lot of our own time and effort will be spent on doing this AND in the long run IF we do become successful then this site will ultimately continue making money off of us.

I play poker, I am doing okay and well enough to NOT have to work and merely joined as I thought that the training videos and forum options would be both informative and at times when the game was not going so good it is always nice to share experiences and help eachother but sadly I will not support a site who cant support us.

Once again, I have meant no harm and am sorry if you felt offended.

Regards,

Primzi
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      although not wishing to get involved in this, i have to point out severance, a slanderous remark is spoken not written, that my friend is liable!

and by the way primzi, this is the correct way to spell 'received' not 'recieved' as you write, :D
    • SEVERANCE
      SEVERANCE
      Global
      lol, I stand corrected cat :) ...but may I correct you now, written forms of slander are not "liable" as you wrote, its libel. Werent really going down the route of actually claiming an "offence" had been committed, hence the reason for holding off on legal terms relating to the fact... but thank you for your comments.

I will not drag this out any further Primzi, I am not trying to start a "flame war" as you put it, you commented on what I had written based on the fact you didnt really understand what I had written, in places, AND you insinuated I was a liar twice... Wouldnt anyone be, ever so slightly, annoyed by this AND have a right to comment upon your remarks.

Firstly I need not go into full details of the persons whom have been in "situations" which have lead to account closure as I do not wish to be associated with anything regarding these issues... I was merely pointing out that I had bared witness to things that "some" may be inclined to side with the member and not the site.. that is all.
      My own experience was a little annoying but the situation was cleared up by another member, very politely and to the point, and it was only my lack of knowledge as a new user which had caused my frustrations.

The contradiction you seem to be focussing on is your misinterpretation of what I wrote, everyone knows that if you place poker long enough then we all fall foul to variance and rather than get overought by it or "tilt" sometimes sharing the experience can help... everyone has a bad beat story...
      My point about the site being informative is in no way a show of a lack of poker knowledge or experience, it is a point which shows my willing to not be naive to the fact that there are many people far better than myself and some of their pointers are always worth listening to....

... Maybe we misunderstood each other hey !!!
    • SEVERANCE
      SEVERANCE
      Global
      Well I finally got my message from the support team.
      Not very helpful, they claimed to had sent me an email out requesting ID etc and that they had not recieved the requested documents.

Sadly, the email has not reached me. This either means that they either didnt send me an email and are trying to make it look like I am actually the one who caused the delay ( don't really wanna insinuate these people are dishonest or in error though ) so what must have happened is that they did send me the email and someone hacked into my inbox, picked out that specific email and deleted it...

... Before anyone starts defending this site I am very sorry but as it was insinuated, when I mentioned about issues earlier, that I was lying well I was not and yet again I have further issues.... maybe it is purely coincidence that everything I have heard had happened to others is happening to me I do not know but people must admit that its a little strange !!!

Anyway, I will not be taking my application any further as for the sake of $50.00 I will not be sending any forms of ID into a company I am not fully in the know about and that all my dealings with to date have not exactly been... up to scratch ?!?!?