This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Some FL questions

• delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I have just started playing FL for the first time after about a year of NL, and have a few noob questions:

-which limits are considered micros, which are considered middle stakes and which are high stakes?

- After following the basic articles for a while on FL $0.05/$0.10 my VP$IP/PFR/AF is 18/8/1.2 - as a NL player this seems waaay too passive, is this normal? What sort of stats should I be aiming for?

- How many BBs do you guys normally sit at a table with?

- At what limits should I stop using the basic SHC and start using the 7charts in bronze articles?

- The articles say with top pair or overpair I can bet or raise only once, does this mean once on every street or should I give up when faced with bets on two or three streets?
  • 4 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey delete461 - best of luck with FL... she can be a bit of a beatch at times, but it's all good... really.... :f_mad:

- not really sure on the limits breakdown... although Pokerstars lists them as:
      micro: up to .25/.5
      low: up to 3/6
      mid: up to T/20
      high: 20/40+

- FR? if so then 15/9/1.8-2.0 is a good starting point.. so a little aggressive if anything! SH 24/20/1.8-2.0

- There's no real rule with buyins other than you don't want to miss value by running out of chips in any given hand. A good rule of thumb is 2 x 24BB (each round of betting capped) or ~50BB. I usually top up 25BB when I drop below 22BB. Some like to sit down with 100BB just so they don't have to even think about reloading.

- A recent thread (I can't remember where) ended up suggesting using the bronze charts pretty much straight away. With your amount of experience I don't see any reason not to do this.

- Hmm... more or lesss... on the flop I'd CAP with TPJ+K or overpair most of the time. Turn and river are little more opponent/board specific. To start with just call down if you get raised v 2 or fewer opponents turn/river. The silver articles are really the best way of learning how to play - I'd go straight to those if I were you.

Before that though, the most important bronze article (imo) to to learn the standard lines v one opponent off by heart. Write them out if you need to (unless they've already been updated into something printable of course).

Then go to these Silver articles:
      - Playing draws on the flop
      - Made hands on the flop
      - Made hands on the turn
      - Made hands on the river
      - Playing overcards

As always post hands, watch vids, etc, etc.

GL dude! :f_biggrin:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Was planning to read and answer this right after I judged this but it seems like a Kiwi got in my way and answered pretty much everything perfectly :P .

I might just add that my personal preference is to sit at the table with 50BB, seems kind of the perfect ammount for me but you can't go wrong with more/less, just make sure you have auto rebuy set in case you fall below 12BB (you should never have less than 12BB = all streets capped!).

If you want to, I'll take you as a student to help you learn faster, answer your questions, do sweat sessions with you ---> coach you and then when you decide to do it help you start playing SH :) .

If you're interested contact me through skype nick: b-boy-fire

Regards,

Primzi
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Thanks very much for replies, I am taking the advice and starting to memorise bronze SHCs and standard lines articles.

Primzi thats very generous of you thank you, it would be great to have a mentor to help me along. Organising sweat sessions may be problematic for a while though since we are in opposite timezones and I will be working some strange and unpredictable hours for the next two months, so agreeing beforehand to be online at a certain time may not be possible. Maybe we could work something out though. Thanks again. =)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Well I'm online now and you're online now and I don't have school and am also online during night sometimes so it shouldn't be a problem ;) .

Regards,

Primzi