Some FL questions

• delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I have just started playing FL for the first time after about a year of NL, and have a few noob questions:

-which limits are considered micros, which are considered middle stakes and which are high stakes?

- After following the basic articles for a while on FL $0.05/$0.10 my VP$IP/PFR/AF is 18/8/1.2 - as a NL player this seems waaay too passive, is this normal? What sort of stats should I be aiming for?

- How many BBs do you guys normally sit at a table with?

- At what limits should I stop using the basic SHC and start using the 7charts in bronze articles?

- The articles say with top pair or overpair I can bet or raise only once, does this mean once on every street or should I give up when faced with bets on two or three streets?
  • 4 replies
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey delete461 - best of luck with FL... she can be a bit of a beatch at times, but it's all good... really.... :f_mad:

- not really sure on the limits breakdown... although Pokerstars lists them as:
      micro: up to .25/.5
      low: up to 3/6
      mid: up to T/20
      high: 20/40+

- FR? if so then 15/9/1.8-2.0 is a good starting point.. so a little aggressive if anything! SH 24/20/1.8-2.0

- There's no real rule with buyins other than you don't want to miss value by running out of chips in any given hand. A good rule of thumb is 2 x 24BB (each round of betting capped) or ~50BB. I usually top up 25BB when I drop below 22BB. Some like to sit down with 100BB just so they don't have to even think about reloading.

- A recent thread (I can't remember where) ended up suggesting using the bronze charts pretty much straight away. With your amount of experience I don't see any reason not to do this.

- Hmm... more or lesss... on the flop I'd CAP with TPJ+K or overpair most of the time. Turn and river are little more opponent/board specific. To start with just call down if you get raised v 2 or fewer opponents turn/river. The silver articles are really the best way of learning how to play - I'd go straight to those if I were you.

Before that though, the most important bronze article (imo) to to learn the standard lines v one opponent off by heart. Write them out if you need to (unless they've already been updated into something printable of course).

Then go to these Silver articles:
      - Playing draws on the flop
      - Made hands on the flop
      - Made hands on the turn
      - Made hands on the river
      - Playing overcards

As always post hands, watch vids, etc, etc.

GL dude! :f_biggrin:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Was planning to read and answer this right after I judged this but it seems like a Kiwi got in my way and answered pretty much everything perfectly :P .

I might just add that my personal preference is to sit at the table with 50BB, seems kind of the perfect ammount for me but you can't go wrong with more/less, just make sure you have auto rebuy set in case you fall below 12BB (you should never have less than 12BB = all streets capped!).

If you want to, I'll take you as a student to help you learn faster, answer your questions, do sweat sessions with you ---> coach you and then when you decide to do it help you start playing SH :) .

If you're interested contact me through skype nick: b-boy-fire

Regards,

Primzi
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Thanks very much for replies, I am taking the advice and starting to memorise bronze SHCs and standard lines articles.

Primzi thats very generous of you thank you, it would be great to have a mentor to help me along. Organising sweat sessions may be problematic for a while though since we are in opposite timezones and I will be working some strange and unpredictable hours for the next two months, so agreeing beforehand to be online at a certain time may not be possible. Maybe we could work something out though. Thanks again. =)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Well I'm online now and you're online now and I don't have school and am also online during night sometimes so it shouldn't be a problem ;) .

Regards,

Primzi