[NL2-NL10] AK NL10 - lost 19 BB

• Eukariot
      I've just started playing low-limit NL Hold'em using the SSS and I made a major loss of 19 BB in one hand with AK.
      Please evaluate the hand and give a hint if I lost due to bad play or my play was generally ok.
      Thanks a lot

The hand:

Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , K:spade:
      5 folds, BU calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,50, BB folds, BU calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,10) 6:spade: , 9:heart: , A:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,70, BU raises to $1,40, Hero raises to $1,40 (All-In).

Turn: ($3,90) T:club:
      River: ($3,90) 4:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $3,90

Results follow:
      Hero shows pair of aces (Ac Ks)
      BU shows two pairs, aces and nines (Ad 9d)

BU wins with two pairs, aces and nines (Ad 9d)
  • 2 replies
    • dandycal
      Hi Eukariot,

Your play is nearly perfect. One thing though, on flop you should push directly because your c-bet = 1/2+ your remaing stack. Other than that, well played and don't worry about the loss, it has to happen sometimes.
    • burek2000
      Hello Eukariot,

welcome to the forum!

Preflop, it is standard raise 5BB, well played.

On the flop, your continuation bet is half of your stack and therefore it's better to just push all-in instead of bet/calling. So, next time just push in such situation.

As played, you have to call the reraise on the flop, because you have a made hand according to the strategy and with made hands your goal is to get all your money into the pot. Well played, just pushing flop directly is slightly better.

Your opponent hitting a 2-pair is just a cooler for you, but your play was correct, it happens when you play poker, but there's nothing you can do about it, what important is is that you make the correct play.

One thing I need to ask you though, please remove the results when you post hands, because they can affect opinion of the people who participate in the discussion of your hands, but they're not important at evaluating whether you made the correct play or not.

If you have any additional question feel free to click"Advise the judge to have another look" button.