This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Aa

• gummybeared
      gummybeared
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($5.84)
      SB ($10)
      BB ($9.54)
      Hero (UTG) ($10)
      MP ($11.77) 21/16/2.2
      CO ($11.63)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, A
      Hero bets $0.17, MP calls $0.17, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.41) 7, J, 10 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.01) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, MP calls $0.80

River: ($2.61) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, MP raises to $8.61

seems so much like kq or 89 slowplayed... dunno...instashove river also
  • 4 replies
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Hello!

You should bet 4xbb first in, especially from UTG+1. But this is a tough hand...I would probably bet just over half pot on river as a value bet so worse hands would call. I think his shove on the river is a tough call, but still I would call it because his shove could represent another set or 2pair, although a straight seems more likely.
      You should take notes about his play for the future if you ever play on the same table again though.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Preflop: Please make it x4BB. Raising bigger or smaller can reveal the strength of your hand.

Flop & Turn are good.

River: Can't give this guy credit for 89 cause he is playing pretty tight. The only hand the beats you here is KQ which is a cooler. He can shove with a lower set or worse.

Bottom Line: I'm going broke.
    • gummybeared
      gummybeared
      Bronze
      pf raise is standard...
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I shove river after his raise, only 89 and KQ beats you and you beat so many hands it makes my head hurt.
      He probably slowplayed a set or is bluffing the A.

Bottom line: If you play cautiously fearing he has the nuts all the time, you will lose a a ton of value in the long run and save a small amount when he actually does have the nuts.