NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10)
      BB ($10.80)
      UTG ($10.50)
      UTG+1 ($10) 19/13 2.8af 70%cbet 26wtsd 2.1k hands
      CO ($11.81)
      BTN ($19.54)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25,

FLOP ($1.05) A:spade: 9:diamond: 3:club:

check, check, UTG+1 bets $0.70, Hero raises to $2, BB folds, UTG+1 raises to $7.05, Hero folds,

UTG+1 wins $4.72
  • 2 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Mmmm the preflop call is preeetty marginal. I like it more if you had a big fish in the BB who was very likely to come along, because then AJs has potential to hit some monsterdraws that you can ship on the flop with fold equity against this guy (your stats would indicate you had a set there often so lots of FE against him).

As the hand plays out, I don't like your raise on the flop. Why?
      - The board is not drawy. Raising here you are only isolating yourself against better hands and folding out worse... your hand = bluff. If he calls your raise you'll also often be valuetowning yourself on 2 streets against his better kicker.
      - Since the board is not drawy, if you had a bluff, you would not be raising on this board - you would be floating (not that it's a good spot to float in a multiway pot against UTG+1 raiser on A high board, but w/e). This leads me to my next point...
      - The only way you can get value with this hand against worse hands is if UTG has a hand like JJ-KK, you call bet on flop, turn goes check-check and then you bet the river pretty small. Villain often have to call a bet then with 2nd pair.

So I would actually be calling on the flop and play c/f on the turn, because I don't think he ever 2nd barrels on this board with a hand that's not an ace, and you don't beat any of the aces in his range. Sounds weak as hell but that's the way it is :P
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      this sound like "dont play AJ against thinking players". ty for detailed explanation