[NL2-NL10] FD in a 3Bet Pot

• LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Very Standard 3Bet against a TAG

I get check-raised fairly small, but as I don't have enough hands on him its possible its some random PP or Bluff as far as I am concerned.

Do we get it in on flop thus generating some FE (very speculative since we don't know if Villain has air or mid Pair in his range - he might have just sets in this spot), or do we just call and re-evaluate on turn (if he bluffed or went for pot-control than we can see a free card and/or we can fold to a PSB)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU(Hero):
      $12.30
      SB:
      $9.90
      BB:
      $2.15
      MP3:
      $15.45
      CO:
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6, 4.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.3, Hero raises to $0.9, 2 folds, CO calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.95) 8, A, T (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.30, CO raises to $3.2, Hero: ?
  • 7 replies
    • Hagbard00
      Hagbard00
      Bronze
      I don't like 3-bet pre-flop. You can 3-bet bluff against a villian who almost never calls a 3-bet, but folds or 4-bets. This villian is not one of them I guess (don't know the stats on him). You need stats/reads to find such a villian.

As played, on the flop calling is not an option in my opinion (unless you are positive you are going to hit your flush on the turn :) ). I like folding more then pushing because you have at most 9 outs and you also have a small FE on this board in a 3-bet pot.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Well I played about 50 hands without tracker with him and he seemed TAGish (lets say 17/15 or sth), but obviously I didn't have any reads in 3bet pot. With 90% of NL10 TAGs playing the same its a very easy 3bet IP. ( I don't think he would call Hands like KQ or anything)
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      u have very good odds to call. i would call and fold to any action if i dont hit my flush.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by silent21
      u have very good odds to call. i would call and fold to any action if i dont hit my flush.
      Oh Ok. I thought about it some more and I think Shoving will be good only when I am playing a reg with history and I want to balance my range.

Folding is not an option obviously, you call $1.90 to win $20.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Got stats? If he is unknown I prefer just calling/folding preflop. (Generally I don't like 3betting with this kind of hand in NL10)

Flop: You don't have any FE against him after a C/R. I'm calling his raise , and folding further streets unless I improve.
    • LemOn36
      LemOn36
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by maya1984
      Got stats? If he is unknown I prefer just calling/folding preflop. (Generally I don't like 3betting with this kind of hand in NL10)

Flop: You don't have any FE against him after a C/R. I'm calling his raise , and folding further streets unless I improve.
      He is not unknown, he is a TAG (15/13-18/16) I was playing without tracker at the time and had about 50 hands on him.

These guys at NL10 fold too much and never bluff 4bet, the only thing that was unknown was how he behaves in 3bet pots.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      The 3bet is fine :)

Shipping the flop is not really an option unless we have seen his 3betcalling range before - like, for example, can he be calling a hand like AQ or AJ in that spot? In that case you can have fold equity. But now that we don't, we should just call.