Any gold/higher be kind enough to help me out?

• DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      I'm soon going to make a video and upload it and would like somebody kind enough (and somone who actually knows what there talking about) to review my video and perhaps point out some of my leaks!
      I want to do some heads up SnG's and 6 Handed SnG's, and maybe some cash ring games.

If anyone is able to do this, then please let me know :) thanks alot

View My Video here :f_biggrin:

View My other Video (i'm talking in this one) :f_biggrin:
  • 11 replies
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      My general advice is to concentrate on ONE game type - either 6max sngs, HU sngs or cash games. And that as a general rule of thumb.
      I'd watch it if its cash.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      double post
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      I'm a failure, 1 away from gold... Don't look at me!! :D

EDIT:

In agreement with dark, basically stick to one field and then start developing your ability to play more tables, once you have a set strategy which is robot like, you'll be able to play a load more hands. Theres definately no harm in finding out what game you're comfortable with whether its cash sng's mtt's etc, but I wouldn't start deviating on a regular basis, and switching from day to day. All the best with your video, good luck with your poker development. Regards, Paul.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Yeah i really wan't to improve my game overall.
      I'm quite an all round player but i do wan't to work on my HU game more then anything at the moment, simply because i quite often become heads up at the end of SnG's and just don't have the weapons i need to take down 1st, even tho i have took it down a few times.
      I'll be posting a video of either $5 HU or $10 HU soon then ;) thanks alot guys

:f_biggrin:
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ShaQQ
      once you have a set strategy which is robot like, you'll be able to play a load more hands.
      I don't want a set strategy. i want to be able to adapt to different situations which arise and make moves depending on what type of player im vs rather then what i hold. :f_grin:
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      If you're Playing SSS I'll have a look and post some comments.

Willing to admit my game is far from perfect though. I ran horribly at NL200 after my 1000 hand stab at NL400 SSS halfway through this month.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      I'm playing Heads up SnG's at the moment, you can take a look at my video if you like :f_biggrin:

However i didn't know where to upload it tho so i used tinypic; that's not illlegal here is it?
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      Playing heads up of course, having a set strategy isn't optimal. I'm talking about other games you mentioned :) And within that set strategy, you take into account stats and who you're playing, using the term "set strategy" is probably the wrong term to use, apologies. But a strategy that you're comfortable with and can play profitably, by saying strategy I definately don't mean playing based on your cards, as you start progressing and furthering your game, you'll know the good spots for aggression and the good spots to be passive, theres too many situations in poker and every different situation needs a different thinking process. On a side note, have you decided on which game to play? Wish you good luck! :D Paul.

EDIT: Heads up it is! It's tough, and it really tests ones patience, so all the best and if you're able to (legalities etc), post up the video and I'm sure many players will be interested. Played quite a lot of heads up myself, but nothing to the extent of some players here, but I'll try and help if I feel what I'm saying is correct ¬_¬. Again, good luck at the tables. All the best, Paul.
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      :f_biggrin: Mainly SnG but at the moment i'm playing heads up and i have uploaded some videos (if you look at my first post)

I want my heads up game to get better so when i do become heads up in SnG's i have a decent chance of winning first :f_biggrin:

But i am also playing ring games too :D
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      You're too quick for me! :D Downloading

Looking at the 5$ SNG, raising 28o is better than limping it, when playing its either raise or fold, keeping your c-bets the same and always betting the same when you hit the flop or you don't, never check behind unless you have equity to win the hand (if you feel you're behind). Especially at 5$, you want to bet for value.

Your A5o hand in the BB, raising is fine but when you flat call his limp 3-bet, you're OOP with a weak ace against what is a strange play, it's best just to fold it pre flop, after he limp 3-bets you. However when you called his 3-bet, betting out on that flop is I think standard (correct me if i'm wrong :P ). Paired boards and ace high are always good to barrel on.

Flopping the nuts, betting out is good play, the pot is small, and you get players to over play their 2 pair etc. Calling his 3-bet is probably the best play, he's the type of player that'll 2nd barrel his bluff or 2 pair, let him spew his chips away :) Min 4-betting isn't advisable :P I think c/r the turn would be a better option, or bet slightly smaller to bluff induce.

Nice disciplined fold with 3's.

Your 58o hand, I think either 3-bet folding, or folding is better than flat calling, it does hit his range with the flush draw especially. The blinds are that small, you can pick better spots.

When playing HU, flat calling 3-bets with weak aces (and the blinds as they are) is -EV in the long term, give him credit (I know its hard) and fold, he'll think he can do 3-bet's pre flop more often and you can punish him later on.

It's best to bet your gutshots on the flop, if you get min raised you can peel a card off.

I'm gonna have to bail for a bit, I hope what I'm suggesting is optimal, gonna conclude with saying one thing - POSITION :P
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      :f_biggrin: Wow, thanks alot for you're advice man i really apprechiate it.
      I'm definitly going to take your points into consideration and hopefully make another HU with a better result! Thanks alot dude :f_biggrin: