[NL2-NL10] NL10 AA let big stack play or push out?

• Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.36
      UTG1:
      $7.64
      CO:
      $2.32

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:diamond: , A:club:
      UTG1 raises to $0.35, 4 folds, CO raises to $2.32 (All-In), BU folds, Hero calls $2.27, BB folds, UTG1 calls $1.97.

Flop: ($7.06) K:diamond: , 7:spade: , 9:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG1 bets $5.32 (All-In), Hero calls $5.32.

Turn: ($17.70) J:heart:
      River: ($17.70) 4:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $17.70

This hand is essentially about the preflop action. UTG1 makes an open raise and then a short stack moves all in. I am unsure whether it is better to call and try to encourage UTG1 to make a move or whether to push all in myself to knock him out of the hand.

The postflop play is essentially check/call to try and keep in as many hands as possible.

Is this line too weak or is it good and the times when he draws out on me are just unlucky?

For the record I actually won this hand but I was worried that I had made it too easy for someone to draw out on me.
  • 6 replies
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I play this the same exact way, you dont want to scare the fish away...if he sucks out its bad luck imo.
      If he checks flop, you must shove turn.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      You can slowplay your AA but you have to be aware to the risk in it.
      I suggest you play the straight forward approach at the beginning and just reraise preflop.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maya1984
      You can slowplay your AA but you have to be aware to the risk in it.
      I suggest you play the straight forward approach at the beginning and just reraise preflop.
      But what is he going to call a shove and a 4bet with?
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      not much, TT/JJ maybe. But this the advantage in NL10, people just don't use their brains. :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Seems like a good spot to get money in preflop since he'll be calling preflop push very often with hands like AK etc because of all the dead money in the pot, while when the flop comes out, not all player will go bluff crazy because one guy is allready all in and it seems to make em scared of showing their bluffs at sd and loosing. imho.
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      I like this move preflop it looks like a loose fish call. A minraise is an option as well. I'm not sure about the flop. This guy is not agrresive so I think I would shove because I don't want to let him draw in case he misses.