super down

• ranmaru87
      ranmaru87
      Bronze
      i'm on a super downswing.. my BR went down from $85 to $35.. its not i'm playing bad.. but i always get outdrawn after i go all in.. anyways to help my situation? or am i just plain unlucky?
  • 18 replies
    • drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      Make sure u play the right limits. Following the BRM is the best thing to do.
      And check whether u aren't pushing it all in too much. I had the same problem. I tried to play the best hands, not to push them hoping for the best. For example AK vs 88 all in would be like 50 % to 50 % ~. But if u play against 88, u see the flop. There is Q109 for example. U could easily outplay him :)
    • ranmaru87
      ranmaru87
      Bronze
      i'm playing NL $0.05/$0.10.. i keep getting out drawn.. i really do not know what to do without getting outdraw.. im playing sss so do i not go all in with the best hand?
    • pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drawback
      Make sure u play the right limits. Following the BRM is the best thing to do.
      And check whether u aren't pushing it all in too much. I had the same problem. I tried to play the best hands, not to push them hoping for the best. For example AK vs 88 all in would be like 50 % to 50 % ~. But if u play against 88, u see the flop. There is Q109 for example. U could easily outplay him :)
      To be honest, you cant outplay anybody when your playing SSS. Thats the point of playing SSS. You play the best hand and most of the time you should be going ALL IN.

You are wanting the big stacks to call and give you money with their inferior hand.

My only advice to the thread starter would be to try and pay more attention to what others are doing around him. But anyways you are going to have losing streaks in poker, so keep on battling.
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Hi ranmaru87,

Sorry to hear about your downswing. Make sure you post hands in the SSS sample hands forum to see if you are playing them correctly, and read the strategy articles regularly to keep on improving your game and stick to the starting hand charts. Also attending coachings is a good way to improve your game. As an SSS player you should only be playing premium hands so in the longrun it will be profitable, if you are playing optimally then you could have just hit a bad run and a break might be a good idea if poker is getting to you. Wish you the best of luck.

Regards,
      Sarah
    • ranmaru87
      ranmaru87
      Bronze
      my BR went down to $22 today again.. i think i know wats my mistake now.. when i win a huge pot i wait till the blind reaches me before me and i will leave the table. however, i tend to get another big hand before that happens and when i go all in i end up getting out drawn and lose it all.. how should i solve this problem?
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Post hands so we can see what wrong or critic play you do while waiting BB to reach you.
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      if you've doubled up and playing till the blinds reach you, tighten up your play. I'll only play KK, AA, and sometimes QQ/AK depending on the table

If you meet resistance with AK or an ace comes with QQ/KK, be prepared to check/fold rather than push
    • ranmaru87
      ranmaru87
      Bronze
      hmmm.. should i really tighten up my play so much? or should i just leave the table..
    • AussieIan
      AussieIan
      Bronze
      you may as well see the hands till you reach the blinds...you've paid for them after all. IMO you should be that tight...i used to lose my double stack playing lower hands, and anything lower than KK you could be flipping rather than favourite (against AK for example). But stay, you may get more big hands (i've seen 3 x AA in one round before) and double again, but at least you should lose any of your gains
    • ranmaru87
      ranmaru87
      Bronze
      i moved down to .02/.05 limit and my stack is now $71 :) it seems like i do not get outdrawn so much at this limit..
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Just follow BRM and you'll never go broke ;) .

Regards,

Primzi
    • ranmaru87
      ranmaru87
      Bronze
      i agree with u.. but what if someone is really really super super unlucky?
    • FirestormX
      FirestormX
      Bronze
      It's possible, but extremely unlikely to go broke with the appropriate BRM.

As you get to the lower limits, the play is worse and worse, meaning that SSS is more and more profitable. Players will tend to call you all in from way behind etc.

The key is to stick to the strategy.

Stick with it. I recently went from $200 to $35, and then back to $220 (which is where I am now). Playing good poker pays off in the long run.
    • suvalgysiu
      suvalgysiu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ranmaru87
      i agree with u.. but what if someone is really really super super unlucky?
      Then he will soon be moving down to the freeroll limits. Or he will be killed in a falling piano accident like in Tom&Jerry and his bankroll used for someone elses funeral :s_o:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      If you have good (conservative) BRM, chances of going broke are like 1/1000000000.
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      If you have good (conservative) BRM, chances of going broke are like 1/1000000000.
      Like this? check out the last minute.

• fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      i had like a 400 downer playing $6 SnGs so just focus on playin your agame and it will turn around
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      bahahaha, Jim is my hero