$7.39
      MP2(Hero):
      $5.07
      MP3:
      $1.22
      CO:
      $5.05

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, A.
      Hero raises to $0.2, 2 folds, BU raises to $0.4, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.87) 5, J, 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.87, Hero calls $0.87.

Turn: ($2.61) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2.61, ??

Villain sat down at the table ~5 hands ago and didn't get into any eventful situations. Given the PF raise and the large bet size on flop/turn, it seems likely that QQ+ is a large part of his range. My difficulty with this hand is the fact that the villain is a complete unknown and may be betting something like QJ/KJ. This is still an easy fold even against a random opponent though, correct?
  • 3 replies
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      Preflop: I hate min raises =( I think you could fold, but I'd also call there.

Flop: I'd actually prefer to donk bet here to know where I am. A bet of around ~0.60 would do it, and I'd fold to a raise, and re evaluate on turn if called.

Turn: As played, you can't call his bet on the turn so folding is fine.
    • Michailewic
      Michailewic
      Bronze
      I would call his minraise. You have 3,35:1 odds which justifies the call with AJ.

I would c/c the flop and donk on the turn. As played, I think that you have to call and play it as w/a w/b. He might easily have AK, AQ (or worse pp) and if you hit an ace, he can get value from his two pair (worse than your top two pair).
    • ptmx
      ptmx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Michailewic
      I would call his minraise. You have 3,35:1 odds which justifies the call with AJ.

I would c/c the flop and donk on the turn. As played, I think that you have to call and play it as w/a w/b. He might easily have AK, AQ (or worse pp) and if you hit an ace, he can get value from his two pair (worse than your top two pair).
      Okay, sounds good. I did call and he turned up AA--donking the turn probably would have saved me a fair bit of money, though I'd still be in a tough spot if he flat called and the river was a blank.