Would you ever lay down QQ?

• jupiterthegreat999
      jupiterthegreat999
      Bronze
      On a flop of Rag rag rag. Someone tight bets into you. (about half of the pot) what would you do if you are playing shortstack strategy? push all-in. would you ever consider raise and maybe fold? I was playing on 5 cent 10 cent and I pushed all in instantly and the guy turned over pocket Kings.
  • 21 replies
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      pocket kings? that's crazy! you're way behind!
    • jupiterthegreat999
      jupiterthegreat999
      Bronze
      yes. but how was i suppose to know he slow played kings? :P
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Fold overpair shortstacked? Never!
      Sometimes you loose with FH vs quads also but that doesn't mean you should consider folding it next time.
    • viewer88
      viewer88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jupiterthegreat999
      yes. but how was i suppose to know he slow played kings? :P
      yea you answered your own question ;)

dont make bs threads like this :tongue:
    • pocketrockits
      pocketrockits
      Bronze
      you were both slow playing? This kind of things happen time and time again.

I had pocket KK yesterday and I rose to 70c, leaving me with 1.30 left. Guy calls and checks the flop 3,10, 8. I go ALL IN as the chart says and he calls, revealing 10 and 8 in his hands.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Nope, I'd never fold QQ there ;) .

Regards,

Primzi
    • jupiterthegreat999
      jupiterthegreat999
      Bronze
      no i raised preflop, he smooth called, then he bet, i went all in
    • jupiterthegreat999
      jupiterthegreat999
      Bronze
      the reason I made this thread was because the other player was as tight as I was (from stats, pokertracker) , though he was a big stack, so I wonder if I should have been more cautious
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      You shouldn't be playing at tight tables at all. ;)
    • jupiterthegreat999
      jupiterthegreat999
      Bronze
      I notice even at NL 5... there are lots of people sitting on the table with VP$IP rate of about 15%, is that normal? or have I picked bad tables?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      In my personal experience NL5FR seemed tighter than nl10. Well, there still should be plenty of good tables and the tight ones are just waste of time for SSer so you should leave the bad tables as fast as you notice that it will be hard to get any action on your hands. My advice would be to try sitting at tables full of halfstacked ppl, usually they tend to be looser. And well, look at how much players see the flop on average before joining the tables, it's usually a good indication if it's good table or not.
    • ShaQQ
      ShaQQ
      Bronze
      I love the ladies, who doesn't. But lately I've been experiencing similar issues with queens, I'm not a results orientated player but the way the last few weeks have been going, they're getting to the point where they're as hard to play as jacks. I've laid queens down when I thought I was beat, standard. However when 90% of the time I'm ahead against their range (60/40's, 90/10 players) they wake up with aces or kings, or its a flip. Against some people you can't lay queens down, but of course if you have the guy tagged as a decent player, theres no harm in it.
    • jupiterthegreat999
      jupiterthegreat999
      Bronze
      thanks for the replies guys.

and can someone tell me how to convert hands from mansion?

in hand history, it is a lot of random codes, which obviously does not work in a hand converter.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      It is your goal to go allin with any overpair when playing the SSS. Thus I'd never lay down queens in this spot. Cause the villain's going to play the exact same way his jacks and tens. Even AK grom time to time.
      I've had my AA lose 5 times in a row with the SSS. Would I stop playing them aggressively? No, never. Just push and let the hand reveal and whatever the outcome of this hand I am ahead statistically with this +EV move of mine so I am happy with it.
    • rhinoneil
      rhinoneil
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mishkagg
      It is your goal to go allin with any overpair when playing the SSS. Thus I'd never lay down queens in this spot. Cause the villain's going to play the exact same way his jacks and tens. Even AK grom time to time.
      I've had my AA lose 5 times in a row with the SSS. Would I stop playing them aggressively? No, never. Just push and let the hand reveal and whatever the outcome of this hand I am ahead statistically with this +EV move of mine so I am happy with it.
    • jupiterthegreat999
      jupiterthegreat999
      Bronze
      lol I lost with QQ again today. this time a big stack on a smaller limit. I made a loose call with an Ace on the board, what pissed me off more was that guy had a set of Tens and he reraised me preflop... reaise with Tens.. wtf...
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Hello!

Nope, I'd never fold QQ there ;) .

Regards,

Primzi
      Primzi would minraise
    • Berkstajger
      Berkstajger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jupiterthegreat999
      lol I lost with QQ again today. this time a big stack on a smaller limit. I made a loose call with an Ace on the board, what pissed me off more was that guy had a set of Tens and he reraised me preflop... reaise with Tens.. wtf...
      So? He made the right move...
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      never fold QQ h/u playing SSS but are foldable using BSS.