Other uses of SSS and BSS?

• Deckard33
      Deckard33
      Bronze
      I've been playing a few single table S n Gs, low buy in Super Turbo using SSS and my ROI (only 15 or so games) is better than on the cash tables the strategy is designed for. Is this just beginers luck do you think or a good appliction of SSS.

Still getting my head round BSS, (should only take a year or two) but I'm thinking it might apply well to big MTT's. This might be mentioned in later articles, I'm only on silver. Any thoughts?
  • 4 replies
    • haZardus
      haZardus
      Bronze
      IMO, SNG's should be played as SSS only in first stage of tournament. As BB's increase, you have to play looser, and eventually you're in push-or-fold mode.
    • Deckard33
      Deckard33
      Bronze
      Thanks, yeah I agree. I'm using SSS to get me in the money, so many are crazy loose in super turbo's that just by keeping out of it or getting one playable hand gets you to the bubble. After that I can get away with a few moves as I've got a tight table rep. by then and I'm happy with a coin flip once I'm in the money.

Anyone tried BSS in a MTT?
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      The most important thing especially for super turbos is ICM. Download ICM trainer and practice as much as you can to get a feel for it. In many situations you'll find that it is profitable to push almost any two.

In general, cash game strategies should only be used for cash games, and tourney strategies only for tournaments... because they are very different types of games. IMO if you want to focus on SNGs and MTTs then forget all about SSS/BSS and concentrate on proper SNG/MTT strategies (early MTT strategy especially for deepstacked tourneys can be quite similar to BSS, but then it dramatically changes as you get to the mid/late stages).
    • Deckard33
      Deckard33
      Bronze
      Thanks man I'll do that. ICM.