BS against SSS

• IngerS
      IngerS
      Global
      Well i play NL10 at partypoker and almost everplayer at these tables are playing SSS. How should i play against these, couse as we know the pretty much push or fold all the time.
      Which pre flop raises are good enough to call an all in?
  • 4 replies
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngerS
      Well i play NL10 at partypoker and almost everplayer at these tables are playing SSS. How should i play against these, couse as we know the pretty much push or fold all the time.
      Which pre flop raises are good enough to call an all in?
      You should take a look at the SHC and from that conclude their raising ranges and then evaluate whether or not its EV to call. Also its important to actively steal and resteal in late and blind positions when fighting alot of SSS players
    • haZardus
      haZardus
      Silver
      I've played that limit at Party, also SSS. Many players only buy in for 2$ and that's the only thing they have in common with SSS. I've seen them push with 22-99 pairs, Ax and similar hands, so all you have to do is play by SHC combined with some blind steals from SB. And you complete SB in multiway pot only with pocket pairs.
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      First of all, you have to identify for sure if villain is playing SSS because, as other people have pointed, having a 20BB stack doesn't always means SSS. As you know their re raising range is JJ+, AK, so you can react accordingly (most times w/out dead money on the pot, you should only call QQ+, AK I think).

I haven't played on party, but if you see there are to many short stackers, (which is bad for you as a BSS player) I'd recommend switching to SH, where the amount of shortstacks is way lower (and ppl who play SH with 20BB are not playing strategy suggested at pstrategy). Just make sure you watch some videos and read all the articles first :) Good bye.
    • IngerS
      IngerS
      Global
      Thx everyone for the feedback!!!!!!!!!!!