[NL2-NL10] Adjusting the reraise range

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      I've just read the PS article on the above topic.

In order to use the tables in the article properly, you need pretty accurate stats on the pfr for the target opponent.

My question is this: how many hands would you say is enough to consider the pfr stat accurate enough for these purposes?

In a case where you don't have enough stats on an opponent, can you make any use at all of the table? or do you have to fall back on standard SSS chart - i.e reraising w JJ,QQ,KK,AA and AK unless villain is a SSS player (in which case position of initial raiser also important).

Thanks in advance.

Tim
  • 11 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      That completely depends on the type of opponent. You can judge whether someone is an insanely loose maniac pretty quickly, but you can't judge a competant bigstacks precise PFR till you've played a LOT of hands with him. See what i mean?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Yes, I see.

I should revise my question slightly: for competant bigstacks, (not maniacs -and let's assume it takes no more than 100 hands to id a maniac), how many hands would you say is enough to consider the pfr stat accurate enough for these purposes?

I accept that accuracy increases with hand size, but presumably there must be some reasonable minimum below which it's too risky to rely on pfr for the purposes of steals and resteals?
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hi Tim,

You should check this out: NL SSS Advanced by xarry2

Scroll down a little till Adv SSS Coaching - 09/10, Xarry gives out a pretty nice guide for stats accuracy.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Thanks champ - will take a look - congrats on Platinum and professional status ;)
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Sorry; forgot to ask:

Using elephant, how do I find out how many underlying cases the ATS stat is based on (e.g. 25% could be 10/40 or 50/200)?

Also, in elephant, is ATS same as "Open Raise Late Position"?

Thanks,
      Tim
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Sorry; forgot to ask:

Using elephant, how do I find out how many underlying cases the ATS stat is based on (e.g. 25% could be 10/40 or 50/200)?

Thanks,
      Tim
      As far as i'm aware, you can't, although maybe there's something in the 'Info' popup (I never looked too hard due to the overwhelming size of that popup).

And yes, ATS = ORLP.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Can anyone confirm this? Underlying sample size seems pretty important to me and Xarry talks about this in advanced coaching notes. I'd be surprised if this had been ommitted from elephant 67.
    • xponentx
      xponentx
      Bronze
      xarry uses Holdem Manager, which does exactly what you're asking.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      ORL = average of CO+BTN steal %

ATS = average of CO+BTN+SB steal %

Hold'em manager displays Steal% per position
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Sorry; forgot to ask:

Thanks,
      Tim
      If you have stat detail popup window enabled while you play you can pop it up and just hold the mouse above the number which interests you and number of cases should show up. It doesn't work with all stats, but most used should.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Yes that works nicely. Thanks!