Stack
      SB:
      $5.10
      Hero:
      $4.55
      CO:
      $26.94

0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with K:heart: , A:spade:
      Hero raises to $1.00, 4 folds, CO calls $1.00, BU folds, SB raises to $5.10 (All-In), BB folds, Hero calls $3.55 (All-In), CO calls $4.10.

Flop: ($15.00) 9:heart: , T:club: , 8:diamond:
      Turn: ($15.00) Q:club:
      River: ($15.00) 8:club: (3 players)

Final Pot: $15.00

Am I right that, notwithstanding villain's tight range and likely SSS, my call here is good because of the dead money from CO?

Would the call still be good if no dead money?

TIA
  • 4 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Tim64,

do you have 3-bet of the villain perhaps?

It actually depends on the reads. He certainly looks like a regular PS.com SSS player, but it's a question whether he plays basic strategy or is he a bit advanced. If he plays according to the article "How to play against another SSS player" he will 3-bet your UTG raises with KK+ and against that range you need to fold, but if he's sticking with basic strategy his 3-bet range is AK/JJ+ and against that range you do have the equity to call.

If you are uncertain about the level of his play I would put him on AK/JJ+ and go broke here. He probably also pushes looser because of the dead money.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Will check on 3bet stat - is there a way in Elephant to i.d. which player this was, a few days later? Otherwise won't know who to check...

Thanks for the advice re ranges.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Will check on 3bet stat - is there a way in Elephant to i.d. which player this was, a few days later? Otherwise won't know who to check...

Thanks for the advice re ranges.
      I use 0.67 version, not sure about other versions...

You can go to hand analyze tab and when you click the hand you have in the upper part position of the players surrounded by their stats. Their position should be written with blue color. If you click on this position of the player you should get a pop-up window with detailed stats of the player and in the upper part of this new window there should be nickname of the player you are looking for.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Nice one!!!