Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $24.65
      Hero:
      $20.00

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , Q:spade:
      UTG1 raises to $0.80, 4 folds, Hero raises to $2.40, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $1.60.

Flop: ($5.10) T:club: , 5:heart: , 4:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $2.55, Hero calls $2.55.

Turn: ($10.20) K:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $5.10, Hero calls $5.10.

River: ($20.40) A:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $20.40

passive approach vs reg
  • 9 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I would raise flop. I see no reason to just cc there. Maybe JJ will fold to a raise , but that`s not sure. But board is suited , and a K or A will put you on a tough spot. If he has a set you will end up paying him off anyway , so I just raise flop and get it in there , hoping he might get it in with some draws
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      I would raise flop. I see no reason to just cc there. Maybe JJ will fold to a raise , but that`s not sure. But board is suited , and a K or A will put you on a tough spot. If he has a set you will end up paying him off anyway , so I just raise flop and get it in there , hoping he might get it in with some draws
      +1
      No need to give free cards
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Is he on a draw in a 3bet pot?
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Doesn`t have to be on a draw. Altough he might have AK/AQ or even some oher suited clubs. Any ace or king is an action killer because:
      a) you won`t know if you are good anymore
      b) he will let go of any PP
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Is he on a draw in a 3bet pot?
      his line looks like a draw, but even if he has smt like Tx, you don´t want him to scare away with possible scared cards (like overcards) or just draw you out with your passive play on the flop
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      This got me wondering...is it EV to pay off sets with OP every time?
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Depends on the opponent the board and the overpair you have. On a board like yours he might have a draw , AT , KT maybe , JJ(ulikely) or maybe even 66-99 .

For me as a rule of play if there are 3 or more overpairs smaller to my overpair and player isn`t a calling station or a very tight guy I am willing to pay him off.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Depends on the opponent the board and the overpair you have. On a board like yours he might have a draw , AT , KT maybe , JJ(ulikely) or maybe even 66-99 .

For me as a rule of play if there are 3 or more overpairs smaller to my overpair and player isn`t a calling station or a very tight guy I am willing to pay him off.
      do u think a tight reg will call3bet from another reg OOP with AT , KT
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Sry didn`t really check his stats . I don`t think he will call AT/KT there but he still might have some PP or some fd.