This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] QQ CO vs reg - OP

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG1:
      $24.65
      Hero:
      $20.00

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q:diamond: , Q:spade:
      UTG1 raises to $0.80, 4 folds, Hero raises to $2.40, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $1.60.

Flop: ($5.10) T:club: , 5:heart: , 4:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $2.55, Hero calls $2.55.

Turn: ($10.20) K:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG1 bets $5.10, Hero calls $5.10.

River: ($20.40) A:club: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $20.40

passive approach vs reg
  • 9 replies
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      I would raise flop. I see no reason to just cc there. Maybe JJ will fold to a raise , but that`s not sure. But board is suited , and a K or A will put you on a tough spot. If he has a set you will end up paying him off anyway , so I just raise flop and get it in there , hoping he might get it in with some draws
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanDin7
      I would raise flop. I see no reason to just cc there. Maybe JJ will fold to a raise , but that`s not sure. But board is suited , and a K or A will put you on a tough spot. If he has a set you will end up paying him off anyway , so I just raise flop and get it in there , hoping he might get it in with some draws
      +1
      No need to give free cards
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Is he on a draw in a 3bet pot?
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Doesn`t have to be on a draw. Altough he might have AK/AQ or even some oher suited clubs. Any ace or king is an action killer because:
      a) you won`t know if you are good anymore
      b) he will let go of any PP
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBrood
      Is he on a draw in a 3bet pot?
      his line looks like a draw, but even if he has smt like Tx, you don´t want him to scare away with possible scared cards (like overcards) or just draw you out with your passive play on the flop
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      This got me wondering...is it EV to pay off sets with OP every time?
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Depends on the opponent the board and the overpair you have. On a board like yours he might have a draw , AT , KT maybe , JJ(ulikely) or maybe even 66-99 .

For me as a rule of play if there are 3 or more overpairs smaller to my overpair and player isn`t a calling station or a very tight guy I am willing to pay him off.
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Depends on the opponent the board and the overpair you have. On a board like yours he might have a draw , AT , KT maybe , JJ(ulikely) or maybe even 66-99 .

For me as a rule of play if there are 3 or more overpairs smaller to my overpair and player isn`t a calling station or a very tight guy I am willing to pay him off.
      do u think a tight reg will call3bet from another reg OOP with AT , KT
    • BogdanDin7
      BogdanDin7
      Bronze
      Sry didn`t really check his stats . I don`t think he will call AT/KT there but he still might have some PP or some fd.