[NL20-NL50] 44 BB vs reg - FH

• TheBrood
      Known players:

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4:club: , 4:spade:
      3 folds, MP1 raises to $0.80, 5 folds, Hero calls $0.60.

Flop: ($1.70) 4:diamond: , K:club: , K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40.

Turn: ($4.50) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

River: ($10.50) 3:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.25, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $15.75

Passive approach vs reg.
      I didnt want to check river because he might put me on a K and check behind.
  • 3 replies
    • ShaQQ
      I think flatting the turn doesn't allow you to get all the money in by the river, raising allows you to get value out of a K. It might suck, but raising the flop is also a possibility, it's a perfect board to represent, and he might try and take the initiative away on the turn (unlikely, but if he has a K, you get his stack). As soon as you see the flop your thoughts should be how to get my stack, into that pot, and to do so, you need to be aggressive at either the flop or turn. Granted he might fold, which is a bummer, but you'd be surprised how well timed aggression gets paid off. Regards, Paul.
    • BogdanDin7
      I would raise flop here almost every time just because I would raise here any PP + air sometimes . If he has the K you get his stack anyway , if he has any other PP you will very often get at least a call on the flop , maybe even a call turn or raise turn if he is trying to go fancy. If he has nothing he will likely check behind turn anyway so you get the same money.
    • Kaitz20
      c/c flop, c/r turn seems better than c/c, c/c , lead river
      this way you can stack any Kx hand and also sometimes weaker hands
      if you decide to c/c turn, then you should go c/rai river