a coachs diary

• grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      so ladies and gentleman, today i will start a diary.
      this comes because of two reasons, first of all i gues its fun, and second its a good thing for me because im in a bad hurting downswing and so i can keep track of my losses and i can just talk about what happens.
      and i think this helps :)

today i played some MTTs:

24$ ko @ fulltilt, finished in 81th place with AT vs A9
      8$ rebuy @ stars, lost with AK to KQ (3 dubble rebuys+ adon) = 32$
      24$ regular @ fulltitl, finished in 71th place with AQs vs KQ
      24$ regular @ fulltilt, finished very early with KQ vs QJ through a J on the river
      10$ 1R,1A @ fulltilt, finished after 1,5 hours with JJ vs AQ (1 rebuy, didnt reach the addon) = 20$

still playing in a 20$ regular @ stars, not looking good after losing AKs to AQ and a 10$ speed @ stars, not looking good just because its a speed tourney :P

so i came back from my hollidays just yesterday and my downswing just didnt stopped yet.

dont know exactly how muich i lost through the downswing, so i will ocunt just from today on, but it was at least 3000$.

so today we have the 2nd june, oh wait have to push 69o in the speed tourney... dead on the flop to KQ :) ... and im down for about 124$ with pendling 20$ left in a tournament.

this was my first entry in this diary. looking forward to the next entry tomorrow :)

your coach in a down - grummeler

edit:
      finishing the last tournament in place 100 with 44$ so the day ends with -100$
  • 78 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello Grummeler!

It is nice to see that you are starting a blog :) . I will sure be following it and I hope you catch an upswing soon to end your May misery :) .

P.S. I've seen you play a 5$ 10k GTD on stars as well ;) . Micro stakes poker!

Regards,

Primzi
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Hey! Nice to see you make a blog!! Just try to write some positive things too and not just bad beats :tongue: hope you have better luck soon!
    • grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      3rd June:

im feeling fine, still a bit tired because of our boardgame yesterday (we played twighlight imperium, a very nice intergalactic wargame , and by the way i won :D ) but today i start playing a bit earlier because in the evening i dont have the time to.

starting with a 33$ 20k @ps, and a 24$ 8,5k @ FT poker.

i think today i will break the run :)
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      wow nice to see you there :) i wish you good luck and some nice streak like getting into first 3 in 4 tournaments in row should be nice
    • grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      so the day is ending for me today, and here are my results:

24$ 8,5k 7th place for 302$ makes +278$
      33$ 30k 81th place for 60$ makes +27
      10$ 3,5k out after 55 minutes -10
      24$ 7,5k out after 1,5 hours -24
      10$ 10k out after 20 minutes -10

the 7th place was very cool i had AQ and raised the hand, and got called from the bigstack on the button.
      flop was AK9 with 2 diamonds, looks pretty good because normally AK, KK, AA are reraising me preflop. so i bet a bit more then half size the pot and he called me.
      the turn was another K, not a bad card, because AK AA and KK still beat me, and only KJ, or KQ has improved to beat me so i bet another time around half size the pot and i started to beeing comitted.
      he called my bet after some thoughts and the river is a 4. no flush arrives. so im beating most of the aces except for AK and i beat the busted FD obvious. so im shipping the rest of my chips in the middle and he instacalled and turned over Aces full of Kings :D
      so was trapping from the beginning and the case Ace came on the flop to kill me.

but that was ok because i had a bit of luck in that tournament to become 7th place and im not that unhappy with it.

today the outcomming was an overwhelming +261$
      combined with the -100$ yestarday this makes up for

+161$ in two days. that sounds nice and after all this final table gave me back some of my believes that i can really do it back to +EV
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      It's nice to hear that you came 7th in that tourney :) .

I hope the luck continues and that I can rail you some more in the futer :) .

Good luck!
    • grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      4rd june:

i played those tournaments:

30$
      24$ 96th place -24$
      10$ 119th place -10$
      10$ 1183th place -10$

and finally after a long long long looooooooooooooong run of bad luck i got it.
      i chipped the 30$ tournament after a coinflip with AJ vs 99 and an ace on the river. and then having KK in the BB and he pushes JT.
      i had a nervous moment when the flop came T67 but the kings hold up and i won a nice 4800$ :tongue:

wow. finally a nice come back from the dead :)

so with those
      4800$+ -24-10-10 that makes 4756$ plus for today.

totally that makes
      4957$+ in the last 3 days.

god im so happy right now. i think im gonna buy me a bottle of wodka and will celebrate the end of the downswing :)
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      well done. what i wouldn't do for some wodka right now..
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Good job, keep it up :) !
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      nice.

Are you playing some MSOP events? I am and i'm staking a friend to play too :)
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      so fuking nice :) .. i was thinking that you will say godbye to MTT poker carrer
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      nice.

stake me too :) ?

no wait, i'm way too unlucky for that :P .
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by Primzi
      nice.

hehe. well maybe we can work something out. maybe i get 150% of your winnings? ;)
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      nice.

hehe. well maybe we can work something out. maybe i get 150% of your winnings? ;)
      HMM. Isn't that a bit -EV for me :P ?

I mean if i win a tourney and I get about 10k$, I need to give you 15k$ then so I'm 5k$ down if i win :P ?
    • grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      friday 5th june:
      here the results for today

10$ rebuy -30
      10$ freezout 1380 1th place
      24ko -24
      5$ -5
      8$ rebuy -24
      24$ fo -24 56$ = +32$ 28th place
      70$ ko -70 = -50$
      44$ 6max -44 = -44$
      10$ 1ra -10 = -20$
      24$ fo = -24$
      20$ fo = -20$
      10$ speed = -10$
      makes up for +1161$ combined with yesterday now the profit is up to
      6618$+

so im feeling very fine but very tired because of this long day. the coaching was fine with a first place and some nice luckbox action :D

today i was really lucky sometimes but i guess thats ok.
      i have all my confidence back now that i can really make it, thx for all of you who believed in me in the coaching and so on :)

god damn it great to back from the downswing. grummel here i go ! :s_evil:
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Definately a blog I will follow as I want to switch from SnG to MTT full time in the future. Will be nice to read up on your experiences, looks really nice and moderately tempting so far :P
      Maybe u can answer a question for me? What kind of skills and how much general poker experience is needed for a wining poker player to turn into a wining MTT poker player?
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      So I tuned in quite late in the mtt coaching, and got to hear some really awesome rocky music, but wasn't sure what it was all about. I assume it was when you won? And that you won with a bad hand? Or what?
    • grummeler
      grummeler
      Bronze
      dont know exactly :P
      todAY its party time.
      have a nice weekend vodka awaits me :D
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WildBeans
      So I tuned in quite late in the mtt coaching, and got to hear some really awesome rocky music, but wasn't sure what it was all about. I assume it was when you won? And that you won with a bad hand? Or what?
      I think it was when he cracked aces for the zillionth time :) .