Stack sizes:
      JonKirk: $10.40
      UTG+1: $30
      CO: $10
      Button: $75.20
      SB: $12.25
      BB: $17.22

Pre-flop: (6 players) JonKirk is UTG with J:club: J:diamond:
      [color:#cc0000]JonKirk raises to $2[/color], UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: A:heart: Q:club: 6:diamond: ($6.75, 3 players)
      JonKirk checks, [color:#cc0000]CO bets $0.5[/color], Button calls, JonKirk calls.

Turn: K:diamond: ($8.25, 3 players)
      JonKirk checks, [color:#cc0000]CO bets $0.5[/color], Button calls, JonKirk calls.

River: T:diamond: ($9.75, 3 players)
      JonKirk checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Results:
      Final pot: $9.75
      [color:#000000]JonKirk shows Jc Jd [/color]
      [color:#000000]CO doesn't show 8c 8s [/color]
      [color:#000000]Button doesn't show 3h 3d [/color]

I raised pre-flop and got two callers, and when the flop came i was pretty sure i was beat.

I thought about re-rasing the half dollar bet, but figured if someone was trying to see if his queens were good enough it still had me beat.

I didn't bet the river because once again I was scared that some random pocket diamonds had been drawing for a flush and then made it.

I refrained from throwing in a continuation bet on the flop because of the overcards, but I don't know if that was a big mistake at the time. Now, of course I see that I would probably have gotten the pot right away with a continuation bet, but at the time it seemed like a waste of money to bet on a board like that.

Any input on the hand?
  • 2 replies
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      The board is pretty good for a ContinuationBet but we have 2 Opponents, so a check is not a bad play either here.
      Calling the minbet is totally right here, your odds are fantastic und you could still have the best hand.
      On the Turn check and call is right again.
      I can't really put the button on a hand that he would call again with here, maybe a Queen and CO could very well have a weak Ace and doesnt want to make a monsterpot with it.
      At that point it is quite unlikely that you have the best hand, but your outs on the straight make up for this. Furthermore a Flushdraw is possible but pretty unlikely, you shouldn't fear this too much.

And since you hit your Straight on the River and your opponents don't seem too strong, I would suggest a small Valuebet on the River of about 1/3 - 1/2 Pot (~4$). A weak Ace or hands like this are definitely calling this and if you get reraised your stack is only 3-4$ and you have to call for the good odds.
      Pushing All-In seems a bit too dangerous to get a call from your opponents, they won't always call an Ace here in my oponion.
      But not betting here is too weak, since the opponents didn't really act strong and you can't be sure that someone will bet, your straight is too strong to get checked around!

I hope you have a little bit of an Idea of how to play the SSS on SH Tables and don't experiment too much while not having the bankroll for it ?!
      Playing it on SH tables is far more complicated then on the normal FR-Tables, so I only recommend this for good-advanced players.
    • JonKirk
      JonKirk
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice, it's always very nice to read your input on the hands. :-)

And I wasn't really playing on a SH table, people just left and i stayed there to get the full orbit, but on the last hand I picked up the jacks and didn't want to throw it away just because we were down to six players. :-)