My son

• Gennady007
      Gennady007
      Bronze
      My son (username p0rkus) recomended me to this website. I want to be carefull about certain things though, seeing many deactivatin e-mails lately.

1 - me and him both use this account (since it is bronze) to read and learn articles/videos. We use it from diferent computers but it will probably have overlapped by now (also we spend time in each other's homes alot). Is this a problem?

2 - My son will be able to have qualifying documents for the ID check after the quiz about late July, he has logged onto p0rkus on his and my computer and I have logged on my user on his computer etc... will everything be fine, can he clear the ID check and quiz and stil e eligible for starting capital.

3 - I have let him play on my pokerstars account a bit and he has won money, - Is this a problem?

I will ask him to reply
  • 7 replies
    • p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      The above is correct.
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      Better take this matter to support
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/support/

Usually account sharing is not allowed and you should refrain from it to avoid any misunderstandings.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gennady007
      3 - I have let him play on my pokerstars account a bit and he has won money, - Is this a problem?
      I'm pretty sure this is not allowed, but not from pokerstrategy but rather from pokerstars.
    • Gennady007
      Gennady007
      Bronze
      Thank you, we will be more careful from now on. I will make sure he waits it out until he receives his inside russian passport and then uses his own account. I was worried about IP conflicts etc... thank you once again
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gennady007
      Thank you, we will be more careful from now on. I will make sure he waits it out until he receives his inside russian passport and then uses his own account. I was worried about IP conflicts etc... thank you once again
      Ip addresses can only conflict on your lan ;)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Gennady007, welcome to the community (& p0rkus) :)

I would strongly recommend that you refrain from using each others PokerStrategy and poker platform accounts.

The former is frowned upon and you should really wait until you are bronze/silver/gold etc in your own right before accessing the strategy material. It has all been laid out in different status groups purposely to provide a steady learning stream which would benefit you most. If you try to learn too much without the relevant experience, it can prove counter-productive to your game.

Sharing poker accounts at poker platforms is an absolute no no and the consquences could be that both your accounts are locked, banned for life and all money held, which of course we wouldn't want to happen. Whilst it could be argued that it is difficult for the site to know which of you is playing, believe me, it's just not worth the risk.

Now you have separate pokerstrategy accounts and separate $50 starting capitals, I'm sure you will both develop your games and be very successful.

Wishing you every success and look forward to you both being active in this great community soon.

Best regards,

Bart

Edit: As the other members have indicated, it is worth you explaining the situation to support via a ticket, as security measures have been stepped up recently and you will both likely need to provide ID.
    • p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      I'll wait till July like i originaly planned and will pass the quiz + ID check then, thats the only time i can start properly. Thanks for the help.