From US, please help.

• AelitisX
      I have to say this is by far THE BEST poker strategy site that I have found.
      I have recently started playing poker and would like to better understand the game.

I read a few of the beginning articles and they are EXTREMELY helpful.

I am currently an university student and do not want to put money into this game until I have learned more about it (tuition + food + housing = poor me) and it seems that I cannot access the other articles until I have played some cash games.

Is there any way I can access the other articles? Are they available for downloading? I would be extremely grateful if you could make an exception.
      I am extremely fond of learning more and these articles are so well written!

Please help.

• 3 replies
    • dadude77

Unfortunately at the moment it is not possible for Pokerstrategy to receive American residents because of the current legal situation in the United States. However, at the moment there seems to be some resistance to the UIGEA, and hopefully will be overruled soon.

Sorry again!,

• AelitisX
      I was browsing through the forums and read this post from you:

"I believe US players can still sign up using the bonus codes for a first deposit bonus. They just cannot receive the starting capital. If you pick, pokerstars, fulltilt, or cake poker, those all accept American players (and I believe those 3 are the only ones.)

Go to this page and pick the room you want and sign up for a NEW account (very important it must be a site you do not have an account on already). Then deposit on that site using your own capital, and then after playing a couple hands you should be bronze! smile

Good luck!"

Does it still hold? :O
      Can I still access articles this way? :)

• dadude77
      This was an old post from me, before I was a moderator and aware of the changes that had been from how things were being run earlier.

Quote below is from our Head Admin.. SoyCD.

Originally posted by SoyCD
      Hello Jon122282,

thanks for your question.

In 2006 ,US lawmakers passed the so called Unlawful Internet Gambling
      Act (UIGEA). While we believe that it does not apply to, as a legal precaution, we fully comply with it.
      Thus it is our policy not to accept customers from the USA.

This means that we unfortunately cannot allow you to actively have an account at

With regards to our bonus codes we would like to ask you not to use
      them. Since any bonus or promotion linked to the bonus code is
      usually entirely up to the respective poker site, we are
      unfortunately not able to offer you any further support or advice on
      this matter.

We would however like to advise you to carefully research
      the respective federal and state laws that apply to you in order to
      establish whether playing poker online is legally allowed in your
      jurisdiction and act accordingly.

Best regards
      Hope this clears things up,