Stack
      BB:
      $0,84
      UTG2:
      $4,34
      Hero:
      $4,73

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , K:heart:
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0,08, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,24, 2 folds, BB calls $0,20, UTG2 calls $0,16.

Flop: ($0,74) 5:spade: , 2:club: , J:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,74) 3:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,74) 4:heart: (3 players)
      BB raises $0,60 (All-In), UTG2 raises to $1,20, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2,54

good fold or bad fold ?
  • 6 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Flop: It's actually a good board to cbet. rainbow,one face card,SD are unlikely.

The river is a bit tricky, you hit a wheel but a flash it out there. Since you invested only 6BB and you are facing a raise and a reraise I prefer folding.
    • kwedaras
      kwedaras
      Bronze
      thanks for fast evaluation. what i fear on the flop is overpair or pair (AJ) that beats me, cause we are 3 in the game and they called my reraise. on the turn, i felt somebody might have a made straight (although now i see that it should be unlikely, it was fast decision to make :) ) and the river, obviously a flush.
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      you can't really go wrong here I don't think.

With AK, normally people would check/fold if they don't hit anything on the flop or turn.
    • jupiterthegreat999
      jupiterthegreat999
      Bronze
      Lol I disagree with check fold line. I would C. Bet. so what? a Jack is on the flop, maybe you have Queens preflop and your hand does not need improving to warrant a bet or you could have had AJ, especially because 2 people showed weakness before you. You would have reraised with Kings or Queens just the same way as you reraised with AK, you opponent don't know what you have...
      your continuation bet does not need to work everytime to justify the pot odds it is getting. Sometimes your AK high can be the best hand, so it is in fact a value bet in disguise.

river: auto-fold lol... I might not even call if 2 people called. looking at their VP$IP rate, they might well have a 6 or played a suited connector like 67 or 2 hearts, which gives them a flush.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Hello!

I would cbet around 1/2 pot, since it was 3betted preflop, and fold to a check/raise. If it's called, I would take the check/fold line if I don't improve.

On river, it's a fold... at best you're splitting the pot.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      I think cbet is good here but no more than 1/2 of the pot. Following streets c/f that's all.