[NL2-NL10] AJ straight draw & backdoor flush draw (10nl FR)

• kexix
      kexix
      Bronze
      Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      9 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $11.35
      UTG+1: $17
      MP1: $4.20
      Hero: $9.85
      MP3: $10
      CO: $2.45
      Button: $3.97
      SB: $9.70
      BB: $9.90

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP2 with A J
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero raises to $0.6, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button raises to $1.1, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.5 (pot was $2.55), MP3 calls.

Flop: Q 8 T ($3.65, 3 players)
      Hero bets $1.8, 2 folds.

Is my 1/2 pot size bet the right play here? After i analyzed i'm not so sure
      button is low stacked so if he goes all in i'm pot commited and i'm oop if mp3 calls
  • 3 replies
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      You hold a pretty strong hand on the flop with OESD, Backdoorflushdraw and an Overcard.
      The advantage of betting out is simply your foldequity, if you check BU will almost certainly go All-In as a continuationbet and you can't call this bet with your draw.
      By betting you of course have to call if he goes All-In.

MP3 isn't all that likely to call anyways, by showing absolutely no strength preflop, he should have a low PocketPair very often!

So I like the play, even though I don't like the situation preflop (calling the reraise), he gave you fantastic odds, but as he is ShortStacked, I would often have folded my Hand there.
    • kexix
      kexix
      Bronze
      ok thx for the advice!

How large must his stack be to call his mini raise with a hand like AJ or AQ ?
    • Alaton
      Alaton
      Black
      AJ is a really ugly hand to play against a reraise because you have big reverse implied odds if you hit an Ace and are dominated by a better Ace.
      In general I would always throw away AJ against a reraise, especially when we are OOP like we are here.

AQ is a lot better already and I would've called the reraise from the Shortstack with AQ.