Tells.... Realy need advice

• oubal
      oubal
      Bronze
      Hi all.
      Im new to Pokerstrategy.com, but doing my best to follow the BSS (NL$4).
      Bellow is a list of problems that seems to constantly catch me.

- Reading higher sets

-MS, BB TT cc/r (i was MD2, QQ o/r) ,.. I ended up, Folding QQ to ch/r with K97r flop…
      small stack moved AI with TQs after cc/pfr MD1 this allowed me to see both players hands. was i correct in folding????? (i have no poker software at the moment and had no notes on the BB player at that time)

-Higher flushes

-Fish ch/r on flop, against AA… (Bluff or no bluff?)

-Fold low pp to 3betting players on flop (players use fold on flop stat against me)

-Calling 3bets with low… but over pair

-Beating low pp pf raising /AJ/T/Q pf rr

ANY advice would be of much interest!
      Many thanks
  • 1 reply
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      - Reading higher sets
      If some1 has a higher set than yours it's cooler, don't fold sets on flop because you beat majority of their stacking off range.
      -Higher flushes
      If you draw for a flush, you don't fold when you hit, cooler also.
      -Fish ch/r on flop, against AA… (Bluff or no bluff?)
      The more passive player is the more respect his raises should deserve, esp if the pot is multyway, but i wouldn't advice getting in habit of folding overpairs at nl4 because players will overplay many hands that you beat and hands that beats overpairs are on top of their range.
      -Fold low pp to 3betting players on flop (players use fold on flop stat against me)
      I don't think that there are many players that use hud at these stakes but if pp is not overpair and did not improve on flop you'd be better of folding when facing aggression.

-Calling 3bets with low… but over pair
      Depends on many factors.
      -MS, BB TT cc/r (i was MD2, QQ o/r) ,.. I ended up, Folding QQ to ch/r with K97r flop… small stack moved AI with TQs after cc/pfr MD1 this allowed me to see both players hands. was i correct in folding????? (i have no poker software at the moment and had no notes on the BB player at that time)
      HH would be better, didn't get it.
      -Beating low pp pf raising /AJ/T/Q pf rr
      Wat?
      --------
      Anyway you should be posting hands in sample hands section in order to improve your analytical thinking and be able answer these questions on your own because different situations require different actions to be taken and there is no one answer for all situations, if there would be, the game would be boring and solved.