[NL2-NL10] NL25 SH AJs turnplay?

• armo
      MP2 unknown, just joined, seems kind of active

Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , J:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $1,00, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,10) 2:heart: , K:club: , T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $1,00, Hero calls $1,00.

Turn: ($4,10) 7:diamond: (2 players)

So whats the best way to play here - lead turn, c/r, c/c ?

P.S. Sorry for posting here but since I haven't played in a while I am only bronze.
  • 1 reply
    • Fongie
      First of all I definately dont like leading. It looks stupid, like a bluff and he will often just raise you and you're standing there with a not-so-very-strong drawy in a huge pot with 1 card left to come.

Taking the passive line is OK since we don't know him very well, you might get the pot on the river with an OOP float (bet river if you don't hit) sometimes but often he might cb turn and c/c river with a PP below the king. You still have OK equity though and your draws are kind of disguised so you can probably give yourself the implieds.

But I like c/raising best here actually. His range is strong from UTG so we can expect him to have a hand here kind of often, but your play is soooo strong by raising the turn that I think he might often find a fold even with AA or AK here (he'll most definately fold QQ-JJ, lower pockets and AQ). He won't put you on a draw there.

So if you think he seems a somewhat reasonable player so far then go for the c/r, if you've seen him make some real donkey plays in these 10 hands then I'd much rather c/c :)