SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Known players:      
      UTG2:
      $13.49
      Hero:
      $2.15

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) 5:heart: , 7:spade: , J:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.70, UTG2 calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.55) K:heart: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.63, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $3.18

turn was bad for me, he could hit a king or a flush. Despite the fact that I invested much money in the pot I must fold, right?
  • 6 replies
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I think a push here is alright, it's a scary card for your opponent and he won't have hit it often enough to justify your bet, so NH imo.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey SPeedFANat1c

although the turn card is scary, it's very unlikely opponent called you on the flop with K-high, so he most likely beats you if he hit his FD, but I don't see a reason why should the villain donk into us when he completes, it's better to let us push in remaining stack.

Besides, with 0.95$ remaining stack you only need to be ahead 21% of the time to make your turn push profitable which you probably are. So, I would never give up on the turn when I have a made hand on the flop. Just push in the remaining stack. If he indeed completed the flush draw then you can make a note of the way he plays flush draws, but I think he will often enough have a Jx/PP/bluff to justify your push.

...if you have stats/reads folding might be better, but against unknown I'm going broke.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      So, I would never give up on the turn when I have a made hand on the flop.

So it means I have lost much money because I wasn't doing this :) I always give up if the turn brings bad card for me. But on NL4 I still have a profit :D On NL10 breakeven. But also it's not a big sample size, on both limits only ~6000 hands. Thanks.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Well, mostly giving up the pot just because opponent could have improved with the card will lose you money in the long term, but there are exceptions where you can also give up on the turn, like when there are four :heart: on the board on the turn and you don't have any or something like that, where you know only :heart: will bet/call your bet, but in general keep the aggression when you have made hand on the flop.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Also, in multi-way pots we have to be a little more careful about the turn cards, since there are more people who could have hit.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Also, in multi-way pots we have to be a little more careful about the turn cards, since there are more people who could have hit.
      I hate these situations when I don't know how much exacly I must be careful :) but I hope I will know it when I read more articles :) By the way in multiway pots I think I need to win even less times to make it profitable because of pot odds.