[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Fr Aa.

• JuiceQuadre
      Known players:      

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:diamond: , A:club:
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0,06, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0,14.

Flop: ($0,43) 9:diamond: , 8:heart: , J:spade: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,08, Hero raises to $0,50, MP1 raises to $0,92, Hero raises to $1,80 (All-In), MP1 calls $0,88.

Turn: ($4,03) K:heart:
      River: ($4,03) 7:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,03

I think i overplayed my Aces here? I really want to learn not to overplay AA and KK.. On the flop could be set or straight.. well shall i just call to pot control? I guess i would have to invest more money anyway and theres little chance for me to get better, so?
  • 3 replies
    • rickydaprince

I think going broke on the flop is fine. There's not really much chance of using pot control here... and he will almost definitely bet/shove turn if you just call his reraise on the flop. There are many hands that he might shove on this flop.
    • Joshquan
      Hmmm, this is a tough spot, first raise is obvious, i think a fold is okay though to his 3-bet;

1. His donk suggests he has hit a pretty strong hand.
      2. His aggression suggest he has a strong hand in comparision to the usual passive players on NL2

Im not entirely sure tho, sets and striaghts are in his range, but it could just be a maniac with AJ or a stupid straigth draw, intrested to see what a judge says
    • maya1984
      You didn't overplayed your AA.
      It's not a board for pot control, and also we usually won't take a pot control line with AA.
      He can reraise with all sorts of hands which includes draws and pairs.
      Ship it in and be happy cause you are going to be in front most of the times.

nice hand, well played.