a fresh start, how do i get a new BR?

• Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      hello, i have been a member of poker strategy for about a year now. I last used this site quite a few months ago when i decided to quit poker.
      After taking an extended break, I've decided to return to it as i realize that my mindset, my game, and my attitude were all constituting to my going broke previously.

I would like to start out again, however i have no way of getting a new starting capitol. My TAF account is currently at $25, and i have no way of bringing it up to $50 as everybody i have referred to this site has passed the quiz but refuse to send in their ID as they seem to find the site dodgy etc(even after several explanations of how it works)

I have tried to use other sites with similar starting bank roll offers, however due to one problem or another, i have been unable to receive any starting capitol from them.

Does anybody know of a way to restart my poker career?

I just turned 19, i have no job(and no way of getting a job due to certain personal difficulties) and i found poker to be the most exciting and challenging way to make money.

I believe that with my new attitude and mindset i can make a positive impact on my poker skills and become a winning player, but as of yet i have no way to begin.
  • 6 replies
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      if you were chris ferguson I'd say play some freerolls, then do some super grinding and you'll be up to 10k in no time. otherwise I guess you could still try some freerolls.

what platform do (did) you play?
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Hello Semesa,

The 3 options you have available to you are using the T-A-F Bonus system, depositing your own funds or playing in freerolls.

As you are not able to deposit any of your own money, maybe you could use a blog etc to advertise PokerStrategy with your referral code to try and get some more money that way or play in some freerolls in order to try and re-build a bankroll.

Kind Regards,
      -Steve
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      full tilt and titan.

For what its worth i was at least right about 1 thing in my last thread... i was about $200 below equity in cash games meaning i played a pretty much break even(or slightly better than break even) short stack game.

That being said, there is definitely room for improvement there. I've studied my last 5k hands in SSS and come across alot of problems.

Unfortunately due to the absolutely HORRID amount of short stackers on titan, its unbelievably hard playing NL10 there altogether(alot of people will agree with me here)

So basically i've decided to try to start with $36 which will be somehow procured somewhere and grind 4 tables MAX( im going to try to keep it to 2) $1 SnG's which are quite fishy on titan.

Or i could put the money that i will get somewhere somehow(still yet to figure out how) into full tilt but i have no idea what the micro stakes cash games are like there
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hello!

Playing Barbados 1$ and Havanna 5$ beginner SNGs on titan is the best for building your BR because players there are really really bad.

Good luck with your BR building!

Primzi
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      unfortunately i have been a member on titan for over a year, you can only play those SnG's in the first 3 months that you are a member
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      i'm playing in the titan freerolls starting in 7 minutes, if you see me there please say hello and wish me luck!