In which position I am?

• rony2006
      rony2006
      Global
      Hello everyone, this is my first post.My name is Marian and I am from Romania.I want to learn how to play poker, and to become a very good player.I read the articles, but i don't understand something.

If i play at a table with 3 player, in which position I am?but other players.

Please help me to understend this problem, and sorry for my english.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2448v8h.jpg
  • 8 replies
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      you are in CO position, which in a 4 handed game is middle position i believe(not 100% sure i'd have to re-read the basic articles)
    • rony2006
      rony2006
      Global
      But what is the CO position?

I have learned that are 4 positions:late, blinds, early and middle

http://i43.tinypic.com/15dlv05.jpg

I want to apply the this strategy http://www.pokerstrategy.com/download/content/shc_fl_en.pdf in preflop betting round.
    • tigerace999
      tigerace999
      Bronze
      hi marian read the beginners articles thoroughly once you have played a few games (i take it you have been playing SnGs to be in 4th position?)you should be able to work out if you are in position or not, this is most important !i can not help you much more than this as am not yet experienced enough to give advice except for that do not act unless you are in position except for AA KK and even sometimes theese should be folded after postflop good luck. :P
    • tigerace999
      tigerace999
      Bronze
      P.S download and practice I.C.M trainer light until you pass 100%
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi rony2006,

CO = Cut Off

The position is classed as late.

@tigerace999: This post is aimed at fixed limit cash games, not SnG's ;)

Regards,
      Stiev
    • tigerace999
      tigerace999
      Bronze
      cannell sorry for this i did not know this was for fixed limits how do you know this is aimed at fixed limits? i am new to blogging!
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      If there are 10 players at the table (full ring), then you have 3 early positions (UTG, UTG+1, UTG+2), 3 middle positions (MP, MP+1, MP+2), 2 late positions (CO and BUTTON) and 2 blinds positions (SB and BB).

However, if you play at a six-handed table than you logically have only six positions which are MP+1, MP+2, CO, BUTTON, SB, BB when you translate them to the characteristics of the full ring table.

So, your table was 4-handed which means there are only 4 positions which are CO, BUTTON, SB and BB.

You know your position by the fact how many players preflop are there to act after you.
      If you have 9 players to act after you, you are under the gun.

If you only have 3 players to act after you, you are in a cut-off position, etc.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tigerace999
      cannell sorry for this i did not know this was for fixed limits how do you know this is aimed at fixed limits? i am new to blogging!
      Hi,

The link he given was a link to a FL starting hands chart. Don't worry we all make mistakes :D (apart from me ofcourse) ;)

Regards,
      Stiev