SSS NL25 question

• drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      Hello,
      I recently started playing NL25 SSS. Moved up from NL 10.
      I've got some questions about NL25 and SSS at all.
      1. How much profit do u make on avarage per day on NL25?
      2. How many hands do u play?
      3. How to play 88 from BU if UTG1 bets 2xBB (50 cents) if the opponent is unknown? I called and he had JJ, but i cought a set on the river.
      4. I'll get the Silver Vip status in couple of days. Is it right, i'll get 1.5 FPP/1 VPP. I'm looking forward to getting bonuses of june. 8$ and 16$. maybe more. (pokerstars)

Thank you.
  • 7 replies
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      1. i made lots of profit very fast on NL25 because it was a lot softer than NL10 (party poker).
      2. i played 3k hands only on NL25 because i had made enuf to move up to NL50.
      3. tip... when u move up a limit buy enough hand histories so that anyone u dont have lots of hands on is new and therefore raise 88 :D
    • drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      Okay, thank you for the tip Ishindar! :)
      I have one more question to everybody: 5. Is there any percentage of BR to cashout? I know there is for MTT and STT players. But what about cash? I just would like to know how much would be okay, as i'm considering going semi-pro or pro in poker. I know i shouldn't go pro, until i have some 4 digit amount in my BR, but we'll maby talk about it later, when i start my own blog about going pro. It's because of crisis in Latvia, and 600 $ a month would a normal salary for people here. Many of them don't have a job anymore at all. So i'm 18 yo and it will be impossible to find a job in summer as the real working people are unemployed. But as i said, we will get to that later, so don't blame me for having this idea please :)
    • Ishindar
      Ishindar
      Bronze
      well its definitely possible to earn 600$ a month. personally i was made redundant late last year and am giving poker a shot. My target is 2000$ a month earnings from poker and i started playing in january. so far im doing ok, i would say in doing better than 600$ per month, i think, but i havent got enough experience to know much for sure.
    • drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      Yes, i think 600$ isn't such a huge target. Will have to try NL50 when BR allows that, and will see, if it's gonna be more profitable. NL25 could also be more profitable if i played more houres per day and all the days per week. Will c what this month will bring to me and how it will end.
      I would like to hear answers to my questions from other readers too. I'd really appreciate that! :P
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drawback
      Hello,
      I recently started playing NL25 SSS. Moved up from NL 10.
      I've got some questions about NL25 and SSS at all.
      1. How much profit do u make on avarage per day on NL25?
      2. How many hands do u play?
      3. How to play 88 from BU if UTG1 bets 2xBB (50 cents) if the opponent is unknown? I called and he had JJ, but i cought a set on the river.
      4. I'll get the Silver Vip status in couple of days. Is it right, i'll get 1.5 FPP/1 VPP. I'm looking forward to getting bonuses of june. 8$ and 16$. maybe more. (pokerstars)

Thank you.
      1. My average on Nl25 is 15$ a day for 500-1000 hands. But Party poker NL25 is kinda same lvl as NL10 (a lot of suckouts, river miracles cards)
      2. I try to play at least 800 hands a day
      3. 2xBB is minbet and according to SSS masters (xarry, Gerv etc. ) you just ignore it and raise 4BB+2BB(minbet), so your raise should be 6BB.
    • drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      Thanks for the info RockEye. I'd really like to know how others are doing on NL25
    • D4NNYP
      D4NNYP
      Bronze
      I was wondering the same thing... I've just moved up to NL25...

I was making good progress on NL10 but when i hit NL i promptly lost $30, in my first 1000 hands, there were a few suck outs against me, a couple of big mistakes, and also it seemed all my raises in late were getting reraised, i thought people were stealing from me so I called a couple only to see monster hands...

It knocked my confidence a bit but the SSS system says to stay at the level until you get to 30 buy ins of the level below before you go back down, so i've stuck with it... and I have now stopped the rot, though without any great progress, but i think it's a case of things just not going my way... I've only played about 4000 hands at the level so it is early...

So far in my small sample of NL25 i'm finding players a lot tighter pre-flop, but then after the flop they are much more aggressive ... which makes it a lot harder if you don't make your hand, which is what seems to be happening to me... :f_frown:

It's difficult to hit a down swing straight away on a new level, it really knocked me back, forced me into making errors... I hear it's not uncommon though.. so i'll stay positive..

At least now i see why we should only move up levels when we have at least 30 buyins.....

Another positive is i'm making good progress on the $100 bonus on PP... :f_biggrin: