This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Afternoon Guys

• toffeej
      toffeej
      Bronze
      Joined a few days and have just started playing to accumulate my partypoints.

I'm not new to poker but after a playing gap of 6 months (due to no internet) I had found my game has deteriorated and I am no longer a profitable player (I never used to make much, I won $1000 in a Paradise tournament once being the highlight of my 'career').

Then I stumbled across this site which I've found really helpful. Obviously the bankroll has helped start my poker career back up too.

Anyhow, I've started on the FL $0.10/$0.20 tables. I keep the starting hands chart closeby and I've simplified the mathematics into a fairly easy chart to read in 10 seconds or so when necessary so I hope to post some positive results.

2 questions:

-How much should I be taking to the table?
      -How long each day do I need to play to acrue the necessary PP to move up a level?

Cheers guys.
  • 2 replies
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      First off all Welcome to the family =)

I will try to awnser your questions;

1) If u play 0.10/0.20 just take $5 to the table. If u fall below $2.50 reload to $5 again.

2) I dont really know. U have to generate 100 points in the last 4 weeks u played. I say thats atleast 2hours a day? I could be wrong tho...im not sure

Hope it helped!
    • boschman123
      boschman123
      Bronze
      hiya,

how much should u take to the tables? depends how u would like to build a bankroll. and ur style of play. are u starting with the $50 or do u have ur $100 extra allready?

i would say, start at fixed limit for some months. u learn to count the odds/outs and get a general knowledge of poker for a cheap price.
      in the artikels u can find how much u can take to a table (20xbb? lol havent played limit for a long time)

if u want to play NL start with the short stack strategy. its is a good way 2 make some money AND to learn how the NL tables play. even better, every time u move up a limit , u can start with the sss.

FOLLOW THE COACHINGS

how often u have to play to move up a level?
      first concentrate on ur play. moving up a level is not that important yet. i asume u mean bronze/silver/gold levels. when to move up at the limits u can also find in the artikels.
      i would not recommend playing every day. lol 3 or 4 days a week would do fine. 5 if u really really want to. 2 or 3 hours a day will do fine. myself i play 2 or 3 sessions a day. 200 hands or so.

enjoy