I moved up a limit and found it quite difficult

• jupiterthegreat999
      jupiterthegreat999
      Bronze
      Today I moved up to 10/20 from 5/10 playing SSS. the tables appear to be a lot looser on mansion, but I kept on losing money.

Several times today I have pushed AK into AA and KK (and lost a few coin flips, but that is okay, it is just normal variance) and once I folded KK cos I timed out -_-, that was stupid. It seems mansion is very bad for multitabling

Can someone give me some advice with regarding SSS? I raise to 1.60 (cos there were so many limpers) with my Pocket QQ and got called by 2 people and A came down and it turned out one of them had AT and one had A5. What should I against these people? One guy who sit on my right kept on betting the flop before I can make a continuation bet when I was the preflop aggressor and when I missed the flop with my AQo, I think it is no good to call the bet (or push all-in) Do I need to loosen up or tighten up?

Should I cut down the number of tables I play on? the problem with that is if I play less tables, I sometimes get very bored if I do not have a good hand for a long time and start raising with marginal hands like AT.
  • 8 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jupiterthegreat999
      I sometimes get very bored if I do not have a good hand for a long time and start raising with marginal hands like AT.
      I suggest you try Counter Strike. That should be enough action for you if you are an action junkie.

Seriously if you can't learn to control yourself then just quit poker for now and come back when you can be more mature and take it more seriously. Otherwise you are just going to donk all of your money away.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Originally posted by jupiterthegreat999
      I sometimes get very bored if I do not have a good hand for a long time and start raising with marginal hands like AT.
      I suggest you try Counter Strike. That should be enough action for you if you are an action junkie.

Seriously if you can't learn to control yourself then just quit poker for now and come back when you can be more mature and take it more seriously. Otherwise you are just going to donk all of your money away.
      Disagree. SSS is boring esp if you dont massively multitable and it has nothing to do with not being able to take poker seriously.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      SSS doesn't say if you have QQ and flop comes A high to continue... I think you might be continuing the action like there is no flop at all. Don't feel like you have to push all your money when SSing. Reread the articles.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Disagree. SSS is boring esp if you dont massively multitable and it has nothing to do with not being able to take poker seriously.
      Re-raise all-in. I have no problems one or two tabling SSS. I never play more than 4.

Action, excitement, a poker Jedi craves not these things.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces
      Re-raise all-in. I have no problems one or two tabling SSS. I never play more than 4.

I call. There is no point in two tabling SSS it's not BSS all decisions are simple and i doubt that your winrate is bigger than would be massively multitabling, unless you deviate from strategy, but then it stops being SSS. If you don't want to play more tables i'd advice playing fullstacked, it's more profitable and also your concentration on few tables should help your winrate/ improvement etc.
      As for action and excitement, i agree about excitement, but i guess you never played shorthanded, or heads up, both are full of action and playing both by waiting big hands is suicide.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roswellx
      SSS doesn't say if you have QQ and flop comes A high to continue....
      +1, you should c/f on the flop

Awesome :f_biggrin:

Come over to the dark side and break BRM! Let passion guide you! And may the luckbox be with you..
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      lmao i actually thought you played 10$/20$... if you can't beat the micros then maybe you should study more and play less ;) .
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      As for action and excitement, i agree about excitement, but i guess you never played shorthanded, or heads up, both are full of action and playing both by waiting big hands is suicide.
      I've played plenty of short-handed. That's what made me adopt the the Jedi mindset. I jumped into short handed way too quickly because it seemed more fun. (This was back when limit was all the rage, $1/$2 was still low limit poker, and you could be profitable playing break-even poker because the rake-back and bonuses were so good.)

Now I just play to relax and have fun. There's no reason to even worry about the money. I'd have to be playing NL $400 profitably before I get anywhere close to the hourly rate of my day job.