Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $11.64
      MP3:
      $29.66

0.15/0.3 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:club: , K:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $1.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.85, BB folds, MP3 calls $1.80.

Flop: ($6.00) A:club: , Q:club: , Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, MP3 calls $3.00.

Turn: ($12.00) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.79 (All-In), MP3 calls $5.79.

River: ($23.58) 7:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $23.58

SHould I have checked on the flop???

Was the bet on the turn correct or should it just be Check-fold after he called me with my flop bet..

thanks for the comments...
  • 5 replies
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      villain has 43/21 stats, he is the classic loose donk You can expect to be ahead alot of the time here.

preflop you should have raised 3.5-4x his raise = $3.65-4.20

On the flop there is a potential flushdraw, you should be betting pot sized here instead of 1/2 pot, or in your case, shoving as a pot sized raise would commit more than 50% of your stack.

With these stats the villains hand range probably includes a suited King(KJ KT etc), low-mid PP's, JT etc etc.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey bordzter,

I would prefer to 3-bet more preflop, maybe like 3.5$ because you play out of position postflop and the villain is likely to call even a higher bet preflop. And if you bet more preflop you can push flop directly as your c-bet would be more than half of your remaining stack.

As played, I would raise more on the flop, 4$ and give up the hand if villain doesn't fold. I think he will have Ax far more often here than FD, because it's 3-bet pot.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • bordzter
      bordzter
      Bronze
      thanks for your comments and analysis guys.

can you direct me more on posts and articles that discuss stats and what stats are pertinent to sss
    • tonnek
      tonnek
      Bronze
      And how should one play it if the opponent is unknown?
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze

can you direct me more on posts and articles that discuss stats and what stats are pertinent to sss
      If you want to see some hands evaluated according to advanced SSS(based on stats) then I would advise to just take a look at NL100+ hands on the forum as they are more or less all evaluated based on statistics.

There are articles that deal with statistics too, but they are for silver and gold members, like "Adjusting reraise ranges" and "Steals/resteals with SSS", but you can't access them till you don't achieve the status. Also there are some nice videos, but they as well are for silver+ members unfortunately. So, for now higher limit hands on the forum are your best option imo.

And how should one play it if the opponent is unknown?

You play the same way, because 3-betting with KK is mandatory and postflop only Ax will call your c-bet on this board, so it's safe to give up if opponent doesn't fold.