This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10SH AJo

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.93)
      BB ($5.03)
      UTG ($13.76)
      UTG+1 ($10.73) 25/15 1.3af 21wtsd 250h
      CO ($17.82)
      Hero ($12.18)

Dealt to Hero A:club: J:heart:

fold, Colonel White raises to $0.35, fold, Hero raises to $1.10, SB calls $1.05, fold, Colonel White calls $0.75,

FLOP ($3.40) K:diamond: 4:diamond: A:heart:

check, check, Hero bets $2, SB folds, Colonel White calls $2,

TURN ($7.40) K:diamond: 4:diamond: A:heart: K:heart:

check, check,

RIVER ($7.40) K:diamond: 4:diamond: A:heart: K:heart: 6:diamond:

check, check,

probably my biggest leak - how to play AJ. i still cannot figure out the rights spots when to 3bet with it [except fishes]. people are calling me with AQ and extracting value from me on A rainbow board :(
  • 3 replies
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      UTG+1 is the raiser and he is tight he should have good hand here and reraising him on the button with AJo is not a good idea IMO. Calling is fine. The thing is UTG+1 wouldn't put you on AQ+ since button is considered looser.

On the flop you could raise him so showdown would be cheaper IMO.
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      I think i would play the line Bet Flop , Bet Turn for a free showdown? there are two flush draws out there so i think giving a free card is maybe a bit dangerous?
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Noo you can't 3bet AJo here, you're cruuushed by his calling range. In fact, AJ is crushed by most 3bet-calling ranges, so I would never 3bet a MP raiser here with AJ (perhaps against a maniac that I want to shove it against ;) ). Just calling is better, even folding is OK too