• 4 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Moved to General Poker Discussion
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      depends on the player type.. usually button is considered looser so pocket 9s might be OK if you are sure that the other guy will not call. 3-way pot is OK if you hit your set otherwise 99 early position no good.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Originally posted by ronekinky
      when do u guys call a preflop 3bet squeese? i raise in early position with 99. get a caller in MP and button squeeses.. is this a place where i can call the 3bet?

tough spot. i usually do a very very quick check on last hands to see if he uses button and if he does i might as well shove it right there. but it is completely read dependt, stack dependent and stategy dependent.

i could just as easily fold it.

general rule is that if there is at least 15x the money to call him in both your stacks then just call and if the other person also calls you are good to hope for set or postflop play in general.

hmmm

tough spot though
    • nafar84
      nafar84
      Bronze
      IMO if you have enough reason to believe that he's squeezing light from the button, then just go ahead and 4bet/fold. You're turning your hand into a bluff but it's better than playing 99 OOP in a 3bet pot, and also you're EP raiser so you will generally get more credit for a big hand.