Downswing since i started SSS

• ZaHaDum
      ZaHaDum
      Bronze
      So adter i recived my startup capital i read the articles and start plaing SSS, i play nl10 on Titan, 2-4 tables....
      [iMG]https://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f141/Maryus/losses.jpg[/IMG]
      ...and stats...

i will find an ipoker hand converter to post bad beats....
      i can't let go my blinds and there is where i lose more....
      My problem is yesterday i stayed around 140 hand at the table ... had 2 PR none paid ...made 3-4 rebuys to 2$... in the end i made the double up but was still short...

any help is good, i'm waiting for silver status and read more
  • 7 replies
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Hello!

You're doing something very very wrong.

VPIP 10% with SSS is too much in 4600 hands.

PFR value of 2,3% is too small. What are you raising? AA, KK and QQ only no matter the position?

VPIP and PFR should have similar values, something like 7 VPIP and 6,6 PFR because you don't limp with the SSS. You only check/fold when you're the big blind.

Aggression factor 1 is also small. It can even be like 5.

You are not playing the SSS IMO. You are playing some variation you made and think is better.

I suggest you read the articles again and actually apply the strategy described into them.
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Are you playing according to basic SSS charts? Your VPIP is kinda high for basic strategy and your PFR is kinda low. Your aggression factor is low too.

It seems you are playing with scared money. The scenario is like this:
      Your premium hand gets beaten, either badbeat or suckout, so you rather limp then raise to lose less money if you don't hit the flop. If you don't hit the flop you check/fold, if you hit it you cbet but get raised and you fold.

Make sure that in head ups if you are a preflop aggressor you make a cbet of 2/3 of the pot. If that is more then half of your stack you go all in. If you check you'll give the opposition opportunity to bluff you out of the pot, even if they hold a trash hand.

I hope you'll take my analysis as an oppinion what might be your leaks. I could be wrong, i am not a coach or expert, but since i play SSS too i know how it is.

Just keep it up, stick to basic SSS for now and watch all the videos about SSS at least 3 time.
      It would be good for you to post some hands into SSS section for evaluation.

Just for a comparison my stats:

Vpip: 9.0
      Pfr: 8.8
      Agg. fact: 6.0
      3bet: 7
      Fold steal SB: 92
      Fold steal BB: 93
    • RockEye
      RockEye
      Bronze
      Lol mishkagg! Same thinking same time same thread :D
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      please read the articles again !!!

the idea of sss is playing tight solid and agressive poker (you play very few hands but play them agressively)

you play 10% of your hands (too much btw, if you are just starting) and only raising 20% of the hands you play (something close to 90% would be better) also your agression factor is very low indicating you are calling way more than betting.

playing this way is an easy way to lose your bankroll.
    • ZaHaDum
      ZaHaDum
      Bronze
      in short u are all right, i mixed sss with sng strategy...
      I used position like this:AQ in late position if someone limped i fold else i limp :P

I'll Read,read ,reeeeead and go back to tables this time with sss guide open :D
    • cyzo
      cyzo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZaHaDum
      I used position like this:AQ in late position if someone limped i fold else i limp :P

That play you speak of is a terribly mistake in sngs as well. Position should make you more apt to put chips in, and, especially, raise. If you are folding AQ in position due to someone open-limping and open-limping yourself with such a strong hand in a strong position, it would appear that you gleaned little to nothing from the articles.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ZaHaDum

You limp if you're first to act and you fold if a guy limped? You WANT to isolate the limper and play heads up with him. You just want to. Such a limp screams weakness against an AQ.

And you don't play SnG like that either...

Just stick to the strategy, that's why it's there for you. :)

Good luck!